GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today it finally pissed me off while i was workin on the truck..i always have my music on with the door open..so i decided to take the chime out..i couldnt find it for the longest time but finally did..its in the Body Control Module right under the steering wheel and above the pedals. There are 3 clips of wires going into it..pull it out of the clips holding it up there, then unhook the wires. Now take the box apart. there are just 4 clips holding it together, very simple. you will now see the chime. round silver metal object..get a flat tip screw driver and put it under the chime, and turn..just do it carefully and slowely. it will pop right off..there you go no more door chime..put everything back together and your set..hope this helps and hasnt been covered before..if so, then o well lol

The box under the dash. Just pry it out of the clips holding it. The heat vent just slides out of the way
DSCN0897.jpg

The annoyting ass buzzer
DSCN0896.jpg

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
hmmmm.... interesting. I thought the chimes were controlled through the radio and cam through the driver's front speaker? What year is your truck? Pre 03? Thanks for the info.

Mr. 960

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmm.... interesting. I thought the chimes were controlled through the radio and cam through the driver's front speaker? What year is your truck? Pre 03? Thanks for the info.

Mr. 960
99-02 this will work for..ur right 03+ is through the radio

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
Thanks, may have to try it.

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, may have to try it.
takes all of 10 minutes..i just got so pissed off at it that i ripped the fucking box down and realized the buzzer was inside of it, and that the box open easily with the 4 clips..i thought i may wreck the BCM, but the buzzer pops out with one clockwise turn of the screwdriver..well worth it for those who have their doors open and play music like this guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts