GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well you could always say your cats were bad so you had new high flow cats put in. either way, run these, tune out the rear O2s and boom, no one would ever know. aside from the smell :crazy:

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
We're getting sniffers in a year or two in Upstate NY.

You guys in the south and mid-west better watch out.

Thanks to Obama, your precious non-existent emission testing is about to come to an end.

The money needs to come from somewhere. You have about 5 years before it's federally mandated. ALL 50 states must conform.

Michelle works for SGS Testcom. They're the evil company that designs and supplies states with the equipment to detect this shit. They're all clamoring on board because of the enormous revenue it generates. Just like red light cameras.. but this is for the "environment" to help slow "climate change"

buh-buh-buh-Bullshit. $$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
??? NYS inspection should be the same throughout the whole state. We have had sniffers forever down in Rockland
You're Metro bro.

The Emissions Inspection - Drive New York Clean

The 1990 Federal Clean Air Act requires New York State to conduct an inspection program to help reduce harmful emissions from most gasoline-powered passenger cars and light-duty trucks. The emissions inspection is done at the same time as the annual safety inspection. Vehicles that fail the emissions inspection may not be able to become registered or, if already registered, the registration may not be renewed.

Some vehicles are exempt from the emissions inspection program: Your passenger car or light truck does not have to be inspected for emissions if it is:

•Less than two model years old;
•26 model years old or older;
•Registered with historical plates; or,
•Electric-powered only.

Most vehicles with diesel engines are also exempted. However, diesel-powered vehicles that weigh more than 8,500 lbs. and are registered in the New York Metropolitan Area (NYMA) counties of Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland, Westchester, and the five counties within New York City, are subject to annual emissions inspection. All diesel-powered vehicles over 8500 lbs. GVWR operated in New York State, even if registered elsewhere, are subject to roadside inspections. These safety and equipment inspections are conducted randomly statewide by the New York State Police and the New York State Department of Transportation.

Statewide, including in the NYMA. The emissions inspection for vehicles registered anywhere in New York State includes and "OBDII" (onboard diagnostics) test for vehicles that weigh ,500 lbs. or less, and are model year 1996 or newer. Part of this test examines the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL), also known as the "check engine" light, for operation/illumination, and verifies the test results of the vehicle's "onboard emission diagnostic" system.

In the NYMA only. A "High Enhanced" emissions inspection is required for most vehicles registered in this area of the state, unless they are subject to the statewide OBDII test or are exempt from all emissions inspections. This inspection is required for all vehicles less than 26 model years old (until, and including, model year 1995) that weigh 8,500 lbs. or less. In this test, the vehicle's exhaust is directly tested for the amount of hydrocarbons, oxides of nitrogen, and carbon monoxide pollutants. This inspection also includes a simulated driving condition test on a dynamometer.

In the NYMA, vehicles less than 26 model years old that weigh more than 8,500 lbs. are subject to an "idle emissions inspection." This inspection includes a test of the exhaust emissions while the engine is at idle.

In all counties outside the NYMA. A "Low Enhanced" emissions inspection is required for most vehicles registered in this area of the state, unless they are subject to the statewide OBDII text or are exempt from all emissions inspections. This inspection is required for all vehicles that are under 26 model years old (until, and including, model year 1995) that weigh 18,000 lbs. or less.
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/broch/c-50.htm

·
ROB
3,022 Posts
wtf. i mean i know people so i dont get a real inspection but i had no idea that was the case.

The guy was running my truck through the machine a few weeks ago. He comes out and says " You know your truck is putting out 3x the legal limit of emissions?" I laughed and he printed me the sticker.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We're getting sniffers in a year or two in Upstate NY.

You guys in the south and mid-west better watch out.

Thanks to Obama, your precious non-existent emission testing is about to come to an end.

The money needs to come from somewhere. You have about 5 years before it's federally mandated. ALL 50 states must conform.

Michelle works for SGS Testcom. They're the evil company that designs and supplies states with the equipment to detect this shit. They're all clamoring on board because of the enormous revenue it generates. Just like red light cameras.. but this is for the "environment" to help slow "climate change"

buh-buh-buh-Bullshit. $$$$$$$$$$$$
thanks a lot, Debby Downer.

tell Michelle to sabotage the machines or something.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh also, rumor has it that if you lean out your truck for the inspection, you can pass the sniffer.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
thanks a lot, Debby Downer.

tell Michelle to sabotage the machines or something.
I prefer Bob Bummer.

And I tried. Their shit is super secret. When she VPN's into work, she needs to use a cisco router THEY supply... Like I mean, not my linksys router sitting on the shelf, her own fucking router set up in our house specifically for her to log into work.

It's nuts.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts