GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case some people on here haven't seen the black plastic wheel well inserts. Got them from the dealer for around $100. Makes a big difference.

Before....

After putting them on....

Just need to update the sig.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Was talking about these with a friend today, gotta order some!

·
Hard Work, Clean Living
317 Posts
How are they secured?

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Should have come from the factory with them.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How are they secured?
Black self tapping screws into the bed. I do know that there are different ones for GMC and Chevy. My friends that work at my dealership got them for me and thought that I was crazy that I couldn't get them on. Finally got tired after about an hour of them whipping my ass in the driveway and I took the truck and the damn things back in. I referred someone to them to buy a truck so they installed them for free. Even they didn't know until they talked to a GM parts dept. that there were 2 different kinds and they gave me the wrong ones. Both say GM on them, and there isn't any noticeable difference in them, but for some reason, there is. Thought the beds would be the same in GMC's and Chevy's.:think:

Also a big difference if you drive a lot of rock and dirt roads. Much less noise with the rocks flying up and hitting the plastic vs. metal bed.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
129 Posts
They will save your ass if you ever drive over fresh line paint. I told my Buddy about them since I work at a dealership and 2 weeks later the goof ran over fresh line paint he was very happy I talked him into them..

BTW Works wonders keep keep stone damage down well worth the $$$$$

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
They do help to keep the dead baby parts from flinging up and becoming caked to your inner wheel wells :read: Much easier to clean.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
nice upgrade! i need to get a set for my truck since thats all you see if fender wells, mine did come with some kind of factory undercoat that looks like a shitty bedliner and now its faded and unless you empty a bottle of armoral it looks like crap!

does anyone know of a place to get them online?

·
GMFS Senior Member
4,032 Posts
Looks sweet!

My fender wells are full of rubber anyway! Free undercoating ftw... well not exactly free. :nono:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts