GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
patio furniture breaker
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking of getting some Centerline Rapids 20 x 8. so how does everybody like there Centerline wheels? how is the finish? are they easy to clean? any problems i should look out for?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I love them. Easy to clean, just have to keep them polished up. :)

The finish is awesome...here is a photo after a fresh polish.

Only thing i'm not happy about is that they don't come polished on the inside or inbetween the spokes, but you can't complain for the price, otherwise I'd recommend them to anybody :D

·
patio furniture breaker
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you lose any braking distance with them? they list the Tomahawk series as being 23lbs a wheel, but did you notice any change in braking or regular driving?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
They are 9 lbs lighter than my stock chrome steelies mounted and balanced on 245/40 hankook tires. My truck is quicker and handles better with them as well. Didn't notice any change in braking, if anything, its better.

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
i love my centerlines... the only down side? they are polished, and polished wheels take some time to make them look super duper shiny. but if thats my only complaint.... you really cant go wrong.

super stong, really nice finish, and a good price. go for it

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
I can't confirm it, but I think the new GM 20 inch wheels are actually made by Centerline. That has to tell something about the fit, finish, and quaility if GM is willing to make them OEM. Just my $0.02.

(BTW, no problems with my rims :D Nice and shiney)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put on 20X8 StingrayIIIs with 275/55 Falken S/TZ01s two weeks ago. I love em. I'm stopping about a car length shorter than with the stock chrome steel wheels. :rocking:

·
Registered
146 Posts
i also have the 20x8 stingray III witha 285/50 gy eagle gtII and love them all i need to do is trim the rubber gaued on my driver side fender but the handle is awesome and the look is next to none go for it man :rocking: the shiny stuff makes the chicks squishy :D

·
JetBlue
2,306 Posts
I dig mine, though they are a bitch to clean, since my Powerball won't get in the smaller holes....

But I did bring them back from this, by hand:

I want to go bigger in the future, to make room for bigger brakes, and I will go back to Centerline when i do. Something around 18s should be nice.

And, I don't think Centerline makes GMs rims:
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41479

-bZj

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I have the stingrays on my truck and love them. They shine up well with the addition of a powerball, definitly makes it easier to polish them. With a 275/35/20, they are about 10lbs lighter than my stockers. Like Steve said, its quicker and handles better with them. Never thought about it, but I would think the braking is better since they are lighter.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Ihave some 20" StringRay III's forsale PM if interested

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I have the 22" tomcats for sale. I personally have seen the rapids in person and i dont really care for them. I like the stingray III's and the tomcats myself. Too bad your not looking for a set of 22's!! lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts