GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
On my way up!
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it easier for a shop to paint the wt (black textured) one or the chrome one? What did you guys do?

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
you could cut out the chrome, but it would be easier to paint the WT one

·
On my way up!
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If i could get the colormatched GM one, would it be easier to paint the chrome part, or the wt grille?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
I sprayed mine flat black where the chrome is, took like 5 minutes with etching primer and flat black.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Well, no because I put a billet grille in front of it. I didn't want the chrome to shine through behind the billet, that's why I painted it.

I have pics of my truck with the colormatched grille, just no pics of the chrome part painted.

·
On my way up!
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was actually think about doing that and maybe a billet bowtie...Do you mind posting some of those?

·
On my way up!
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just looked it up in another thread. You're truck is actually the one that I saw that made me want to do the billet bowtie and grille! Looks awesome man! What grille is that?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
When you say grille you're talking about an insert not the whole painted one right?

No problem :shake:

·
On my way up!
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No i mean the whole painted one. I really dont want to pay the full price. Being a college student, it's too expensive!

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
No i mean the whole painted one. I really dont want to pay the full price. Being a college student, it's too expensive!
Full time student here, too. I normally dont like to order from GMpartsdirect.com because they take forever shipping but I got mine from there for the cheapest price I found.

·
On my way up!
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, here's a new thought...if I were to get the gm colormatched grille with the silver inserts, would I be able to just take them out from the back and put the black ones from my chrome grille in? (Do they snap in or are they glued?)

Here's what I'm talking about:
d33393b66476e21b87d1e0ebe2f5c626.jpg

009b7dc986d132d2dcbed404a417b557.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts