GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what the inches are from the ground to the body line on a nbs if the lift is set at 10" at the front, with a 35 inch tire?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
your frame is probally going to be around 27" so you can measure from there

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
why would you run a 35" tire with a 10" lift? also, why is this measurment relavant? just curious, not trying to be an ass

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
why would you run a 35" tire with a 10" lift? also, why is this measurment relavant? just curious, not trying to be an ass
its cali = sand mobbin'

he just recently got 35's and 18's and they fit his current lift but you're right, they will look a bit small for 10"

·
Banned
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im trying to figure out if i should just buy the 10" lift instead of the 7" and then want to change to 37" tires later...dont want to do two lifts in a year....

·
05 Jacked GMC
80 Posts
hey im runnin' 37s in the winter and 36x15.5 in the summer with a 7-9" Cognito. Just got my cutout bashwacker flares and am thinkin about the new Procomp Xtreme M/Ts in a 38.5" so you have some options without having to go with the 10"

·
Its just my style
1,404 Posts
hey im runnin' 37s in the winter and 36x15.5 in the summer with a 7-9" Cognito. Just got my cutout bashwacker flares and am thinkin about the new Procomp Xtreme M/Ts in a 38.5" so you have some options without having to go with the 10"
Yeah, but your truck is an HD, so it sits 1.5-2" higher than a non-HD.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
Anyone who puts bushwacker flares on a truck newer than 99-2000 is a fucking tool. Especially a nice looking truck.

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
im trying to figure out if i should just buy the 10" lift instead of the 7" and then want to change to 37" tires later...dont want to do two lifts in a year....
If you do go with the 7" kit and then decide to go with 37s you could always do a 3" body lift. But seriously you probably will wanna go with 37s in the future so might as well go with the 10" kit.

·
05 Jacked GMC
80 Posts
ya well when ya work in the oilpatch and actually use the truck for what it was built for, its nice to have flares. Plus where im from it is illegal to have rubber that sticks out more than 2" or so. People who jack up their trucks and it never sees a speck of mud are tools!

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Go with the 10" kit. I rode around on 35" tires on a 10" lift for over a year. It was cool. Stuffers can slob on it.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
:rofl2: At this thread.

Where are you from man? I vote the 10" kit even though I'm more of a fan of stuffed tires, because the majority of the time most people like to go bigger down the road.

·
Banned
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Casey, from Gilroy area, north of you...and klem got any pics of that setup u mentioned, yeah i may just do that, cause i am not a fan of BL's on hd's....

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hey dude, 35's don't look bad on a 10" at all. I know a guy around here who's running a 9.5" FTS kit with no crank and the rear is set at about 8" for that true Cali look.

I try to get pictures of it someday, but it looks sick as hell is all I can say

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
People who jack up their trucks and it never sees a speck of mud are tools!
Ive had my truck buried in mud a couple times. Just hate cleaning the fucker so much I wont dare anymore. Becomes a full day job. I once tried to just spray it off at the car wash and go to the local handwash car wash lol. They still didnt want any part of it and there wasnt even any mud hangn off it everywhere just still nasty dirty. Now all I do is forge rivers during deer season and occasionally pull a dumb friend out that gets stuck showin off at an orchard party.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts