GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am talking to a local guy who has 17x12 weld dune 6's and the bolt pattern is 6x135. He claims that they will fit on a chevy 6 lug and has tried it with a buds 01 1500. He said we can try and fit them to my truck also. So I mean the guy is honest but should I even try to fit something like that on or is it a different measuring system that they use? Thanks.

BTW heres the rims an tires http://modesto.craigslist.org/pts/1254856916.html

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
No they will not fit do not do it. It is ghetto, and IT WILL NOT WORK.

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
oh well, I suck. I was trying to find you a site that has a thing that tells you what vehicles have interchangable wheels.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Why is it ghetto haha
It has 6 lugs. That's about the only thing similar. A 6x135 is going to have bolts that are 135mm across from each other. A check is going to have them 4.5mm further apart. That means you're trying to fit a physically smaller bolt pattern on lugs. That's going to throw your wheel off balance and the wheels aren't going to be lug or hub centric which spells disaster.

Fuck do what you want, but it's like trying to put to turn a 1/2" standard bolt with a metric socket, It may look like it will work, but it doesn't.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has 6 lugs. That's about the only thing similar. A 6x135 is going to have bolts that are 135mm across from each other. A check is going to have them 4.5mm further apart. That means you're trying to fit a physically smaller bolt pattern on lugs. That's going to throw your wheel off balance and the wheels aren't going to be lug or hub centric which spells disaster.

Fuck do what you want, but it's like trying to put to turn a 1/2" standard bolt with a metric socket, It may look like it will work, but it doesn't.

I am not doubting you I just havent heard the word ghetto in a while haha I figured it was a no go, but figured should check in case. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And thank you Oilfield Trash for trying to find the site for me. One last question, my truck is at stock height but theres some 33x15.5 sx's I almost cant refuse. Would those squeeze under my rear? If not I am going to keep playing the waiting game and get some 15s and run 31s.

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
And thank you Oilfield Trash for trying to find the site for me. One last question, my truck is at stock height but theres some 33x15.5 sx's I almost cant refuse. Would those squeeze under my rear? If not I am going to keep playing the waiting game and get some 15s and run 31s.
Gonna be too wide for the front :imo

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fronts fine, I ran 12 wides with 2 inch spacers and still was fine. Just worried about the rear, might just wait for the ones I definitely want haha keep jumping around everywhere

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
Fronts fine, I ran 12 wides with 2 inch spacers and still was fine. Just worried about the rear, might just wait for the ones I definitely want haha keep jumping around everywhere
your confusing the fucking shit out of me man.

your talking about running 12 wide rims or tires?

You were just saying 33x15.5's, therefore that would be tires.

You said you were stock height, but worried about the rear. If you know that would fit the front, why wouldn't they fit the rear? On the rear you don't have to worry about the turning so fitment shouldn't be that hard.

:think:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am lifted 6 inches up front and leaning. Stock height in the rear. Rims are 12 wide, tires are 33x15.5 sx's. Sorry bout that

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha I know many dont like it. Something different though, kind of the trend around here haha

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont know lol ill take a pic for you all to see

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Shitty cell pics, but it works. But ya 6 inch rancho up front and stock rear.
truck3.jpg

truck4.jpg

truck5.jpg

1 - 20 of 46 Posts