GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6" lift with spacers in the rear and Ford keys up front. Even before I installed anything I read about cranked t-bars and excessive angles and shortened suspension parts life.

Its been a year or so since installed everything and all seems good so far. Then I've been reading here and on other forums about ball joints going out because of cranking.

So I'm posting pictures here to see what your guys think. Am I looking at excessive wear issues or am I good? I dont think things look bad at all. But I'm an amateur when it comes to lifted suspensions.

Driver Side:
downsized_JointsDriversSide.jpg

Passenger Side:
JointsPassengerSide.jpg

Bolt setting for torsion bars.:
TorsionBarBolt.jpg

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
way better than my angles and im about to crank more tonight. i dont worry much about it...if you aren't maxing out rod ends and ball joints, it shouldn't wear too fast.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts

·
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. Thanks guys. I didnt think they looked too bad.

·
SKY HIGH CUSTOMS
153 Posts
Those Keys have much more adjustment. They arent jacked up at all. Thats why there is no angle.

·
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I probably didnt even need them.

I had seen pictures of a bunch of lifted Suburban where the front was way higher than the rear. They would crank the front end to clear 35's. Not a look I like. So I also installed some 1.5" spacers on the rear coils to bring the rear up in the event I had to crank up the front.

The overall look with the lift, rear spacers and keys adjusted came out exactly how I wanted. I could probably put a thicker spacer in the rear and crank a little more if I really wanted to.

·
Registered
456 Posts
looking good to me. i'll be getting a 02 tahoe prety soon and will be keying and cranking it so this pic gives me good hope.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts