1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was woundering if ford keys would work on a S series chevy 4x4

since my keys are smaller than the ones in my friends Z

idk anyone has any expirence with this?

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
i really dont think so, i would think that the bars in an s10 would be smaller. also wouldnt the swaybar get in the way? if you really want to do it see if the dealer has a set of s10 keys in and compare them to 1500 keys rather than taking yours out for nothing if they dont work.

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well when i did my ifs lift my friend got sum aftermarkey keys for his Z and i compared them length wise they were the same size

but thickness they were a lil bit larger

and i didnt know if ford keys were same size or bigger than chevy keys

i can probily find some after market tkeys for a s-10 model but was just curious bout ford keys

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
were they the same size where the bar goes into the key...if so then if they fit in the crossmember then i think they would work...id probably just get aftermarket keys though so you dont have to worry about it. generalspringkc.com

·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ha well usualy i go to s10extremist.org but sites been down for past week

ha yeh ive done sum research on zr2us guess i finaly gotta register lol

thanks guys

ha 5 susp 3 body only to find out i need new keys and trimming to fit 35-36's haha

do i hear a sfa swap :evil:

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
if u have no luck on keys, u can always add longer bolts, did this on my 03 z71 and only gave me a 1/2" more of lift but might add more on ur s10 and give u the amount u need.

·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i probily need a good inch if not 1 1/2 to be perfect for clearance

i even was looking at my lower control arm drop brackets and thinking about makine some longer ones and making my dif drop bracket a true 6-7 in

damn i love living in oil field/engineer country haha wouldnt be much to get my neighbor to make em

1 - 9 of 9 Posts