GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can get a set of green torsion keys for my truck its only 2wd im trying ot make it look a little better and also pull a trailor better, i wanna lift it and someone told me that the ford green keys lift it 4" is that true?? thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
Bud, you don't have torsion keys on a 2 wheel drive. And no, ford keys will not lift your truck 4".

You need coil spacers

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
You only need the green keys if you have a 2500....2500s 2 and 4 wheel drive have torsion bars. Ford keys if you have a 4x4 1500. None of this will help you pull anything better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
might sounds stupid but what are you guys talking about ford keys? i know what the keys are but just not what u mean by ford ones

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, yea someone on this fourm told me that i needed keys, i thought to myself it was weird, but anyways i think im gonna go with 5 in the front and 4 in the back with some buckshots, but im still undecided yet, i still wanna get that 05 desieal, but who knows what im gonna do, but thanks, for feature reference do u know where i can get some upper control arms and maybe some coils better then 350? thanks for all the help, im just trying to get my truck looking good!! thanks for everything:bowtie:

·
Registered
178 Posts
thanks, yea someone on this fourm told me that i needed keys, i thought to myself it was weird, but anyways i think im gonna go with 5 in the front and 4 in the back with some buckshots, but im still undecided yet, i still wanna get that 05 desieal, but who knows what im gonna do, but thanks, for feature reference do u know where i can get some upper control arms and maybe some coils better then 350? thanks for all the help, im just trying to get my truck looking good!! thanks for everything:bowtie:
Well, at least you know what you want. When you say that you want to go 5 in the front and 4 in the back, do you mean that you are going to try and lift the front 5" with torsion keys? If so, not only is it impossible, but cranking your torsion keys more than 2-2.5" is highly frowned upon as it will make your truck ride like shat. Plus you'll put your CV axles through hell.

If you have a 1500 -- Put a 6" lift on that bitch.

If you have a 2500 -- Put a 6" lift on that bitch.
:imo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts