GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to get a new truck, i need an ext cab. I found 03 ext cab duramax/allison in NH today. Its an LS package loaded power everything, no leather. It has 120k miles on it though. I know most people i have talked to say thats not much on a diesel. But at $17,900 its in my price range. Called them today, the guy says the truck is immaculate a 9-10 out of 10. Would you be concerned about buying it with that many miles on it, and is that a decent price?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
all im going to say is you better get your ass down there and get it before its gone imo. we bought our 03 cc with 100k on it for 21.5k. it now has 110k on it and no major problems. its an 03 so its got the lb7 and they dont really have any major problems. i would kill for that truck its exactly what i want a ecsb. good deal imo

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
i agree... i may look around at duramax's when the tahoe sells... id prefer lb7 over lly. 17900 sounds pretty good... i bet if you wanted, yo could get them down another 1k or so.
crewcab LB's here are going for around 20 with 100k miles

·
Truck Nut
169 Posts
As long as he has taken care of it and serviced the truck you should be in great shape!! Especially since the truck is stock you should be fine!! Good price! Go for it!

I will warn you though.... Once you get one you'll never go back to gas!!!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I would love to own a Duramax exactly like that. My buddy's dad owns a water business, and they have two early 90s diesels(Chevy 1 tons) with over 250k on them, and are still going strong. And they see heavy loads each and every day, not to mention snow as they live in Eastern Oregon. I say go for it if you can afford it!

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
take it if you can afford it it looks clean and it will hold up for about a nother 100K

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I am headed down Saturday to take it for a ride and see what they will give me for a trade in, if i can get the payments where i want them, and its as nice as he said, i am gonna get it

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I'd do it!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I went down yesterday, looked it all over. Super nice truck, power everything, had the bose sound system, 128k miles, took it for a ride went real good. Got back and they had taken mine out looked it over. Sat down with the guy and talked about the truck then i said so what am i gonna get for mine. He goes well, we'll give you $2500 for yours on a trade in. I laughed in his face, told him he was a f*ckin idiot and left. In fair condition on kbb trade in was 5470, i wanted at least 5k. I guess the dmax will have to wait for now. I went on thier site this morning and the price of the truck went up $1k overnight wtf?, kind of a shady outfit i guess.

·
Chevy Owner
1,364 Posts
Id sell your truck yourself man and take that money towards a D-Max...you could get a hell of alot better than $5k for yours if you sold it :imo...I would think you could get atleast $7k out of it. I had a guy offer me $11k for mine...tempting, but I dont want to get rid of it just yet...its a 99 w/ 90k on the clock and runs fine, why get rid of it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts