GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
South Carolina Gamecock
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I've made a solid decision on the kind of rim I want. KMC came out with something new called Badlands. I want an 18" with a 285/65/18 Nitto TG. But I don't know anything about backspacing or offset. I'm using 4wheelparts.com as a reference.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/wtpartLists.aspx?plID=9393&w=1116-11

Looks I have 2 choices:

1. 4.53" backspacing with -12mm offset
2. 5.71" backspacing with 18mm offset

Are either of these going to fit my Yukon (stock height)? I'm going to have it leveled, but its stock for now underneath. I hope one of these will work for me, because I don't really want any other rim. Thanks for your help.

·
South Carolina Gamecock
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hell I never came across them until now. Maybe only the black ones are new. I think 20" is going to be out of the question financially also. I'd rather have 18" with some tirewall between the rim and curbs all over campus. Which of those two choices is better for my application?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I'm not expert so don't go buy them because I told you this but I believe option 1 will be best.

·
BORN CHEVY
1,324 Posts
your choices for backspacing depends on the look you want. #1 may stick out the fenders a little, where #2 will stay tucked under your fenders.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
#1 will rub pretty good and will need trimming.
#2 will rub less so itll need less trimming if any.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
#1 will rub pretty good and will need trimming.
#2 will rub less so itll need less trimming if any.
I agree. Both are going to rub. You're going to need to crank your keys at least to get them to fit.

·
South Carolina Gamecock
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'll have the truck leveled with new keys at the same time the rims and tires go on, and I'll go with #2 then if that's going to give me less trouble. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts