GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Loves yoga pants
2,408 Posts
Can you air up enough to get the nozzle with the splash guard in there to fill it?...if so that would be where I'd put it...much easier than having to lift a hard toneau and worry bout the hose being long enough to get inside the bed and all.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
It's def. not a bad idea.... I'd wonder how quick filling up that way would get old and annoying (partly because of how dirty you may get filling up) but at first thought it's a nice place to put it.

Cameron

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty sure I won't get dirty cause I'm a little skinny guy plus I fill the tank up about every 2 weeks and that was before I had a daily driver so it won't bother me.

01GMC: do you mean relocate the hinge to where the filler is in the pic and make a cover for it?

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
thats a kickass hiding spot. lol and everyone at the station will be like.....WTF? :think:

it will look like your from europe or something and have no clue how to get gas :LOL:

go for it :head:

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
way2hi said:
I'm pretty sure I won't get dirty cause I'm a little skinny guy plus I fill the tank up about every 2 weeks and that was before I had a daily driver so it won't bother me.

01GMC: do you mean relocate the hinge to where the filler is in the pic and make a cover for it?
Yeah make it use the factory door .. would look clean .. shouldn't be hard. My have to turn it so it doesn't fall open.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I was talking to my paint guy and we were talkin bout shaving that and he told me that a lot of people are relocating it there. Im probably gonna do that too, but not till later.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I was thinking about relocating the gas filler there earlier today. Then I remembered I have a static drop, and i cant fit my hand in there :doh2:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmm I've never seen that before. My friend has dual tanks on his 87 and he just has a gas door on both sides of the truck.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Hey Way2Hi -- what color is your truck? Is it House of Kolor Limetime green, or a similar color?

Also I'm going to be running a Hagan's gas door. It's a smaller oval deal, and looks pretty sick.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts