GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wondered if anyone has some specs on a box for four 12s that will fit under the back seat of a NBS extended cab. I know sierraon22s has one, so I know it is possible, and I have asked him if he could give me any help. Right now I have 2 twelves in the JL Audio boxes as they were the only ones I could find at the time for 12s.

My brother bought two 12s yesterday and we are planning on putting my boxes in his truck. We hooked up my 12s and his (in another box on the back seat) and it sounded nice! My little old amp was pushing it pretty well too.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
That'll be a pretty tight fit. It could be done though I guess. Are you wanting to build it yourself? It'll damn sure hit you're done though!! What subs and amp are going with?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
03Carbondogg said:
That'll be a pretty tight fit. It could be done though I guess. Are you wanting to build it yourself? It'll damn sure hit you're done though!! What subs and amp are going with?
Well, I have a Kenwood 5 channel amp (KAC-859) mounted to the back of the cab, and the subs I have are two JL Audio W0s (the box was made for the W0s) .. I thought about using the 2 JL audios I have now and add 2 more, or else get four MTX subs. The reason for the MTX is that is what my brother just bought and they sounded as good if not better in my JL Audio Boxes.

My systems not fancy, I still have the stock head unit .. but it doesn't sound too shabby.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
MTX sucks. There is a reason why they sell it at best buy and circuit city.

Sierraon22s cut his drive shaft hump out, welded it flat and put the truck back together

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2k1slvrdo said:
Yeah, for people without much money :slap: they sounded as good as my JL Audios, but what do I know .. besides maybe my JLs sound like crap, they are the cheap W0s.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2k1slvrdo said:
Sierraon22s cut his drive shaft hump out, welded it flat and put the truck back together
Yeah, that's what his brother said .. I'd like to see some pictures of that. Might have problems later if he ever wants to lower it.

Well I've built a bunch of boxes, I think I'll try to build my own with the hump in place, I have some JL Audio 8s as well, might put them in the middle and the 12s on the outside .. might look cool.

·
Registered
716 Posts
bcubed said:
Yeah, that's what his brother said .. I'd like to see some pictures of that. Might have problems later if he ever wants to lower it.
If u want to see pictures of the subs and box check out http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/352569. I dont have any pics of the box by it self or of the flattend tranny hump. I talked to the owner of Audio Innovations ,Joe, and he's bagged a NBS silverado w/ the same sub set up, so it shouldnt be a problem when I bag my truck.
I doubt you'll be able to fit more than 2 12's w/out cutting the tranny hump, not enough air space.
Let me know if u need more info.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
are those old skool cmp or the cse series

i use to have two cmp 15's w/1400 watts in my sonoma and it was too loud to sit in it. i couldnt imagine 4 cmp 12's

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:

no thats why CC sells it, not BB
My Blazer will be nothing but MTX amps cuz I really like em

·
Registered
342 Posts
U'd be surprised how hard u can get MTX subs to hit. Not sayin they're the best subs ever made, but they still bang. Me and my bro cut the back of his cab and bed out and we W'd a box to fit four MTX accross the front, and he's pushin em with an oldschool A1. only a 1000 watts and it hits damn hard. Him and his buddies actually work at best buy. They get the sony 12's for around 50 bucks a piece employee discount(maybe a lil less but i dont wanna be unrealistic). This kid al's got four of em in an eclips with a memphis amp pushing them. Another hard hitting cheap system. The key is well made boxes, we glass the shit outa them and they hit a ton harder. Rob's got the mercedes ml, and he put four orion twelves in it with about 6000 watts. Double layered the plywood all around and glassed the piss out of it. Deafening system. Thats a big dollar one tho.

If you wanna go with four under the seat u can cheat a lil with airspace.. I've done it and seen it done plenty of times. make sure u poly fill the box though, it'll help a bunch.

·
Registered
658 Posts
i had a set of 10 w6s in my truck until i blew em and now i am back to my mtxs and the jls were way better...

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
Originally posted by tuckin22
how many watts you running?
He has a Planet Audio PA4002 with about 1800 peak and 950 rms, I think.

·
Registered
716 Posts
tuckin22 said:
crystal mobilesound makes cmp, cse and cmpx2 (which those cant be)

how many watts you running?
OH I didnt know they made em. I dont know which ones they are though.

My bro was right bout the watts.

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
i like their 2x10 thunderform, just not the subs that come with it.

any idea if 6.5" deep subs will fit in the thunderform?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts