GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale is a pair(2) of Fox 2.0 IFP Coilover (part # 983-02-086) for a 2007.5 to 2014 GMC Sierra or Chevy Silverado. Both coilovers have less then 500 miles. One of the coilovers has nothing wrong with it, but the other one needs to be rebuilt. As you can see from the pictures below one of the coilover locking collar has dropped all the way to the bottom of the coilover. The only thing that I think needs to be fixed is the locking collar and maybe have the threads cleaned up.. I contacted fox and they said that it can be rebuilt, but that I would needed to ship it to them so they could get a better look and know more of what needed to be done. I am already planing on going in a different route so my loss is your gain.. I am asking 475.00+ shipping to the lower 48 states...

·
boogity boogity
991 Posts
Did they do this while you were drving on them or what?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it did.. Just the one on the passenger side... I was in town, pulling into sonic.. There was some road construction so I had to go slow over some uneven pavement and then I heard this loud clunk, kind of like I ran over a rock and it kicked up untitled the under body..

·
boogity boogity
991 Posts
Ohh wow that sucks, thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
295 Posts
any idea how much the rebuild will cost? this is my next project so real intrested
kind of shady that it happened so new

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't... I was about to just sent it to fox and have them
Rebuild it, but I decided to go a different route.. And it's not really shady... It wasn't the shock or docs fault.. It was mine.. I didn't adjust it the right way and I didn't get the lock but back to we're it needed to be, so all it took was that big bump and it just let go.. For what I am asking it's not bad.. I know that it can be rebuilt but at what cost?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do.. Just let me know... I have one other person interested, i am just trying to find out how much it will cost

·
Registered
295 Posts
i can get these for 800 new free shipping so maybe it wont work out for me at that price unless the repairs arent too expensive... did you ever get that info?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok I will get the quote on shipping as soon as I can... I might be willing to go down in price a little.. I don't know how much it would be to get the one fixed, but I am also not trying to make money on this either, just looking to get some of it back to pay for the other ones I already bought..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts