GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an 08 1500 Crew and it came with a 2 inch leveling kit. I want to remove the stock strut and spacer and install a Fox 2.0 Coilover. It says it lifts it 0-2" with adjustment. Can I had a spacer to it still? If I get a 1" to add a total of 3" will I need new arms etc? Tried getting answers at a shop and that's useless. Anybody have pictures of there 2.0 installed and what you did to it would be great.

·
15 RCSB Z71
2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain 6.2L
3,447 Posts
Fox advertises it as 0-2" but they can be adjusted up to 4". I would not stack the 2" spacer with the coilover, just adjust them to the height you want and ditch the spacer. Of course the higher you adjust them, the more stress you will add to the front end so new UCAs would be beneficial after a certain point. I have them paired with my rcx 5" kit and they ride great. I only have mine turned up about 1.5" for reference.

·
meow
15,747 Posts
Do you want to go higher, or what is the reason for the change? If your going for height I would look into a full lift, if your looking for performance I would step up to the 2.5's from one of the various companies.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm looking for a better ride on and off road nothing extreme but minor off road. The front end the struts are to me soft my liking. Doesn't handle the way I would like it to. It has 85 thousand miles so im assuming its time to change them anyways.

·
15 RCSB Z71
2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain 6.2L
3,447 Posts
They will definitely be an upgrade

1 - 5 of 5 Posts