GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be putting on a CST 4" Spindle Lift and i want to add FOX Shocks with Resi's up front but i dont know which ones to order. I know i can use stock shocks on a spindle lift, so should i look for something that works with stock application?

Would these guys work?

Fox 2.0 Pro Series 8.5" Travel Shocks
with Remote Reservoir
Shocks Specs:
Travel: 8.5"
Extended Length: 22.80"
Collasped Length: 14.30"
Shaft Size: 5/8"
Fox Part #: 980-14-031-A

thanks

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
those arent going to bolt right up to your truck, they have eyelets on both sides of them also, the resivour is gonna be tricky to deal with since your gonna have to route it thru the coil spring or something.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i noticed that hmmmm i know theres a way to make this work.

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
Okay, what you want to do is similar to what I am doing on my truck. I am going to run these shocks http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/products/sfID1/12/sfID2/730/sfID3/731/productID/39079 with custom lower brackets which will use the factory lower nuts/bolts that your current shocks use. I have been looking for months and that is what I found. I talked with a lot of people at Fox and then talked to the head dude at off road warehouse and they couldn't find anything else either. Right now Fox is building my shocks for me so that don't have that blue shit on them.

If you're interested I could make you some mounts too and you wouldn't have to put any thought into the design and could enjoy the out come. I am also going to make a mount similar to buttespade's resi mounts for the resi's. PM me if you're intersted.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
i havent seen resi shocks thru the coil spring without custom mouts up top on it

this is the only pic on my photobucket but i dont have an upclose view. i might have another pic on a different truck at home. I was planning on doing this with my truck and making custom mounts for it but never got around to it and then switched things up

IMG_2979.gif

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spugen: good question, honestly for the looks. I saw an f150 with a mild lift and a resi mounted upfront and it looked good. Gotta make the mall runner look good cruising the parking lots.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Spugen: good question, honestly for the looks. I saw an f150 with a mild lift and a resi mounted upfront and it looked good. Gotta make the mall runner look good cruising the parking lots.
atleast your honest

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Buttespade: mmm what size is that truck, looks sick. I want to do a 10" Lift but right now i dont want to drop thousands on the shocks,lift,gears,ect. So just want to do a minor lift to make it look not so stock.

Red02Chevy: youve got a pm soon

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Buttespade: mmm what size is that truck, looks sick. I want to do a 10" Lift but right now i dont want to drop thousands on the shocks,lift,gears,ect. So just want to do a minor lift to make it look not so stock.

Red02Chevy: youve got a pm soon
yah thats 10"s of lift.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and then theres always your size truck that i could go with.......dam gmfs. I will have to check out your truck in person sometime, turned out nice.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
i havent seen resi shocks thru the coil spring without custom mouts up top on it

this is the only pic on my photobucket but i dont have an upclose view. i might have another pic on a different truck at home. I was planning on doing this with my truck and making custom mounts for it but never got around to it and then switched things up

IMG_2979.gif
I want to do that to mine if I can.

·
Freak a leak
97 Posts
When you install the 4" CST lift and mount the FOX shocks do a build-up thread!!! I want pics!!

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
and then theres always your size truck that i could go with.......dam gmfs. I will have to check out your truck in person sometime, turned out nice.
ya you could do that, run some coilovers and ditch the regular old coil springs all together

1 - 15 of 15 Posts