GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i ordered a set of 5160 resi bilsteins for my truck about 3.5 weeks ago, after finding out they are on backorder and possibly discontinued i called and canceled today and found a set of 2.0 Fox resis that should fit according to the measurements

Bilstein 5160
http://www.truckspring.com/products...-177411.aspx?gclid=CNqm1Yau18ECFQGNaQod1ygA2g

Fox Shocks (8" Travel)
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop...Universal-Stem-Top-Eyelet-Shocks-p-31534.html

those have a eyelet end on the bottom so i am wondering if they un-thread and can thread a clevis mount on like these:

http://performancelifts.com/Fox-Racing-2-0-Emulsion-Front-Shock-CST-6-8-Kit.html

that is the ONLY fox shock i found with a clevis end so im not sure if the ends can be just un-threaded like that and i can try and find a clevis end

it just sucks nobody makes a stock replacement resi shock that works with a 7" lift

thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and also if anybody knows where i could buy a threaded clevis mount like pictured above that would be awesome i cant seem to find anything

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it would!! does anybody know if the eyelet end can be unscrewed?

·
Registered
741 Posts
I don't know about on the foxes but the Bilstein's have a threaded end on the shaft

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
someone on here has to know, seems like everybody has a set of foxes on their truck, also idk if that link is price per clevis or a pair, but if it works out it would be pretty nice, since i really have no other option except for FTS shocks which are like $250 a shock and are steel and will rust in no time

·
Registered
876 Posts
:naughty::rockit:Kings

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks dirt mafia i ended up getting a hold of poly performance and got both 2.0 resi foxes with the clevis mounts for $500 shipped

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
damn i'm jealous of your setup. i've got the 5160's and i'm not so enthused by them. they ride nice but nothing better than teh 5100's with some extra bling factor. makes me wonder if the foxes would have fared better. i think my torsion bars are worn to fuck and i put z71 real coil springs from a nnbs tahoe in the back that are a bit more firm than my factory ones. i just want to get rid of all the torsion bar crap and throw some coilovers on it.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dont be jealous yet idk how it will ride yet lol

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this is what i ended up paying

shocks_zps06a82cd1.png

·
Registered
6 Posts
someone on here has to know, seems like everybody has a set of foxes on their truck, also idk if that link is price per clevis or a pair, but if it works out it would be pretty nice, since i really have no other option except for FTS shocks which are like $250 a shock and are steel and will rust in no time

The hiem style eye can be removed from the fox shaft. You should be able to thread the Clevis end on it.

·
Banned
366 Posts
can't help with your question but nice truck!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well my shocks showed up today and were too short, i never actually measured the shocks i just looked them up online of the ones i "thought" i had and were wrong

i need the 10" travel fox shocks with an extended length of 25.5 the shocks that came with the lift are 27.5" but my UCA hits the bump stop before being fully extended so i dont need that full length.

so in a week when the new ones show up ill try again

poly performance has been great to deal with though, cant thank them enough

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
today while cleaning the garage i decided to jack up one side of the truck and when the UCA hits the droop stop the measurement from the top mounting point to the middle of the LCA mounting bolt is 24"

so the shocks i have now have 3.5" of travel that is useless, the new shocks i am getting are 25.5" long which should work perfect even if i decide to get aftermarket UCA which im guessing will give at most .5-.75 more inches of travel?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so shocks showed up, still waiting on the clevis mounts to show up

since i couldnt find anything online on how to take the eyelets off the shocks i took some pictures.

image1_zpsf2f73967.jpg

image2_zpsa6ea6934.jpg

image3_zpsfa64fdc1.jpg

image4_zps62f080df.jpg

image5_zps7c860d45.jpg

hoping to get them on tomorrow if the clevis ends show up tonight

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
got them on

comparison between old shocks and new shocks
image1_zpsf873bcc9.jpg

image2_zps7db346a3.jpg

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the clevis mount adds about 1.5" of length to the shocks

·
Registered
925 Posts
Nice! How do they ride compared to the old ones?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts