GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide between Bilsteins 7100s or Fox 2.0s Going to run them dual. Any comments?

The other thing is I don't really understand the valving numbers. It seems that Bilstein and Fox use different numbers.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
The Fox's are a better shock from what I have read. Cant say I have personal experiance with either though.

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
i'd say go with the fox shocks.....have you looked into kings at all? in my opinion they are the best res/coilover shocks on the market + they have really good customer service...small bonus.

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
Had regular old bilstein oem's on the halfton and I can say they were impressive, the truck always handled very well for a truck and the shocks no doubt had alot to do with it.

Only fox shox I have experience with are on sleds and some old dirtbikes, they are definently among the best...

I would say whatever you like the looks of...Bilstein and Fox both have solid reputation and a quality product throughout the entire lineup. Never heard complaints about any either, lots of praise.

·
Registered
229 Posts
i run fox's, and love them, i chose them over bilsteins simply because i liked the look better, and i was able to get a much better price on the fox. both shocks are very comparable

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had looked at the Kings. They are a lot more expensive. The Bilstein 7100s and the Fox 2.0s are both in the $175-$200 range. The Kings and the Fox 2.5s are in the $375-$400 range. Quite a big difference when you are buying eight of them. The truth is that I would probably never work the Kings or the Fox 2.5s really hard, so it just becomes overkill. If money was no object I would go with the piggyback Kings. Hmmmmm what to do???

On the valving, Bilstein offers the following choices 150/50 170/60 180/75 255/70 275/78 and 360/80 I believe these are compression/rebound rates. I have a note here from someone at Fox from a while back. They recommended a 30/70 for the front and a 25/70 for the rear. Why the different numbers between Bilstein and Fox?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts