GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so today i was at work and saw a 66 chevy truck in my bosses shed, i asked him what he was gonna do with it and he asked me if i wanted it i said yes so he gave it to me it has everything but a frame and my question is will a late model truck frame fit up under it like a 70's or 80's model frame all help is appreciated and expect more questions and pics of this truck along the way
also are there any good parts catalogs you guys can recommend other than lmc truck i already got one of those coming

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
There are several companies that make parts for the older gm trucks (the only one that comes to mind is Brothers). Check out 67-72chevytrucks.com they have several sub forums that deal with the pre 67 trucks. As for the frame, I highly doubt its a direct swap, but with some skills i suppose anything is possible.

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
parts places for your truck... clsassic indutries, brothers, lmc, potter built customs just to name a few. like dan said, www.67-72chevytrucks.com is a good place to go for info also. depending on how much you want to spend, some companies make full frames for that truck with whatever you want on it for suspension.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts