GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is looking at this '93 Sierra 1500 4x4. It's owned by a retired mechanic and his friend is selling it. It currently has 130,000 miles and they are asking $3,500. I don't really know much about this generation. Is there anything I should look of for? It has the 5.7/4L60E combo. According to the CarFax, it was owned by the state for 87,000 miles. Here's the description that was given:
This truck was some kind of medical service vehicle - he was originally restoring it for his brother - first off , the motor and transmission have 130k orig. miles - it has a new water pump , he took a radiator out of an older truck , all metal , and higher capacity - i think the a/c comp. is new - K&N air filter - it runs as strong as you possibly could want , no smoke , no taps or rattles - everything underneath is new , shocks, bushings , the best ceramic brakes - they also put an extra leaf spring in the rear , so it can actually handle more weight - as I said , this was for his brother to keep - until he bought a 30ft. boat , he lives in N.C. - hence I sold him the diesel - new bridgestone tires , about $250 apiece - also the dual exhaust - sounds good - I don't know what you are going to use this truck for , but I wish I could buy it myself , and I am in the business - the VIN # 2GTEK19K5T1549802 - Oh, he put the seats in the int. , buckets in front and bench in the back including seat belts , they are perfect.
Here's some pics:
Joeys006.gif

Joeys005.gif

Joeys008.gif

Joeys007.gif

Joeys001.gif

Joeys002.gif

Joeys009.gif

Joeys010.gif

G

·
As always, $3500 is only an asking price. I'd work them down the best you can, especially since it's just a halfton. I'd be wary of the trans...look at the fluid. Front suspension could also be pretty loose. A worn front end isn't really a deal breaker, but a cooked trans would be. Take it for a spin, look it over, get it in the air if possible :imo

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As always, $3500 is only an asking price. I'd work them down the best you can, especially since it's just a halfton. I'd be wary of the trans...look at the fluid. Front suspension could also be pretty loose. A worn front end isn't really a deal breaker, but a cooked trans would be. Take it for a spin, look it over, get it in the air if possible :imo
What should we specifically look for? I'm planning on doing a compression test and possibly a leak down test if I can find a mechanic.

G

·
Check the trans fluid to see if it's brown or smells burnt. A replacement trans is going to cost at least half of what someone would pay for that rig.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
I wouldnt give over $2000 for a 88-94. Truck looks to be solid but as said check the transmission fluid. Tell him that you would have to buy some decent wheels for it maybe stock alloys or something and want to knock the price down some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts