GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my truck probebly july 2nd of this year its a 2000 gmc sierra ext.cab.It was completly factory with the exception of a bedliner and chrome fender trim.The first thing I bought about 30 minutes after I bought it was some xenon bulbs.Since then I've added xenon hi's,billet grille,I ordered a new key fob since the one with the truck was pretty wore out.I added some 04 silverado tails and a flowmaster super 40.I removed the tow hooks,tow hitch,bedliner,emblems,pinstripe and chrome fender trim.I also added 20" adr raven wheels on 275/45/20 tires.

I didnt think about the drop when i got my tires so now im forced to get a 2/4 or some shackles in the mean time.A drop and some tint will be my next mods although i have many more planned.

From This:

To This:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Looks good, like someone else said, till you figure out what drop you want at least throw some 2" drop shackles on there. :rocking:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the comments,i would like to 4/6 it but with the tires I have im going to go with the 2/4 for a while.

The wheels dont really stick out,maybe 1" at the most.

I need to get some silicon then I will clear the headlights.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
import_fighter said:
thanks for the comments,i would like to 4/6 it but with the tires I have im going to go with the 2/4 for a while.
The problem with goign from a 2/4 to a 4/6 later is most 2/4s require you to replace the factory hangers, and the 4/6 requires you to put the factory hanger back on .. lots of work. If you go 2/4 you might want to look into a kit that comes with new real leaf springs.

Also you might want to check into a 3/5, a lot of guys have done it and it looks good with bigger tires.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea,i also considered it and now that you mention the hanger situation it probebly would be better to go 3/5.is there a 5" rear flip kit?

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
i think they are 8" wide those are 275/45 tires

edit: i dont even know what picture i put on there.. i cant see it because the military computers have a block on em so i cant see AOL stuff... :crazy:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Great looking truck...coming along nicely. Something else to look into might be some painted Yukon/Escalade door handles. Keep up the good work :rocking:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.