GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok after school tomorrow Im thinking of debadging my truck and color matching my front bow tie. All I have to do is use a hairdryer on low to heat everything up and it should come off right? Well what I need to know is what is the closest color to silver birch? Should i use duplicolor? And if there is any residue goo off should get it off right, and acetone for the color on the bowtie? What do i use to put the bow tie back on? thanks guys :shake:

P.S. I would use the search button but i gotta get back to my senior project and its already late

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,391 Posts
duplicolor doesn't make silver birch in a can, only touch up. you can take your vin to the dealership and they can order some paint in a spray can for $10 a can.

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
for the badges heat them up with a hairdryer and use fishing line to saw them off. there will still be some of the sticky stuff left over so rub that with some goof off and it should come up.

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,391 Posts
:word:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I love how your truck looks with the trim removed...but I can't see taking it off and getting "door dinged" at the supermarket parking lot...UGH!!! Don't know what to do!?!? :insane:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I usually park away from other cars in a parking lot so im not too worried. Dang i gotta get the dealership to order me some? Blah, oh well atleast i have a friend that works there. All i do is give them my vin?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts