GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0 regular cab, long bed. Guy said it had right front damage and replaced parts 12 yrs ago. New to this style of truck and I know something isn't right with the bumper situation. Missing parts between grill/bumper? and brackets behind face bar. Maybe the wrong bumper and/or frame brackets? Been looking at web pics, factory GM & LMC listings and getting more confused by the lack of 2500HD references. New to the group.
Any suggestions and answers greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm not sure about the exact body style for '02 (if the bumper & grille are correct for that year). I know for my truck ('04 sierra 3500), it has a 2" body lift (from gm, most 2500/3500's have it), and to fill the 2" gap between the bottom of the grille and the top of the bumper (as the grille is 2" off the bump, so the body lines match up), instead of making a different grille to fill the gap, GM just put a 2" wide black plastic strip, attached to the bottom of the grille.

·
Registered
453 Posts
That is the wrong bumper and bumper cap. Truck should look like this

you see how the pad goes over the bumper? That's why yours has a big ass gap cause the guy cheaped out and bought a 1500 setup

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
It’s just the upper cap.

Thicker cap to cover the 2500hd factory body lift. Everything else is the same.

Reactions: Danielson

·
Registered
2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure about the exact body style for '02 (if the bumper & grille are correct for that year). I know for my truck ('04 sierra 3500), it has a 2" body lift (from gm, most 2500/3500's have it), and to fill the 2" gap between the bottom of the grille and the top of the bumper (as the grille is 2" off the bump, so the body lines match up), instead of making a different grille to fill the gap, GM just put a 2" wide black plastic strip, attached to the bottom of the grille.

View attachment 875709
Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts