GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I noticed this when we got the truck, but the back of my front bumper is down more than it needs to be. Is this normal for it be lower in the back of it than in the front? I ask because it doesn't look right.

Or am I going to have to have it disassembled, have it re-assembled then put it back on hoping it'll look better?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Mine looks the same way on my '96. I thought maybe the previous owner hit something since the bumper guard strip has a couple marks on it.. Maybe not???

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know what the problem is? More, what solution is there?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
It is probably because you tapped something and it just moved the bumper a little bit.. All you need to do is loosen the bolts, play with the bumper until it looks how you want it, and tighten the bolts back up. My bumper isn't stock but I had to adjust it after I pulled someone out with it. The guy wasn't stuck very badly and it was a real easy pull, but my bumper just moved a little bit. It's not a big deal and you can fix it in 30 minutes easy.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
id have to see it in person to tell you for sure.. do like they say, and just loosen everything and try to retighten. hold it where you want it when you retighten it.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it was like that when we picked up my truck, so that probably means the previous owners had tapped something. Though, I tapped a lightpole a little bit parking at school (there was lightpole in front of the parking space, and I let it crawl a little to far and it tapped the lightpole.)

How would I go about loosening up the bolts?

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Well, it was like that when we picked up my truck, so that probably means the previous owners had tapped something. Though, I tapped a lightpole a little bit parking at school (there was lightpole in front of the parking space, and I let it crawl a little to far and it tapped the lightpole.)

get a 15mm socket and get the 4 bolts under the grill and the 3 in each wheel well. id try the wheel well ones first, you may not need to loosen the 4 under the grill

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts

with sockets/wrenches:read: just climb under the front and you'll see where its mounted. i know a lot of the guys with 99-02 chevys seem to have this saggy bumper problem. they simply loosen the bolts and readjust it and everything is fine.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay. I'll try to get a socket wrench from my grandpa. He was an automobile mechanic, so he'll know what I need.

Yeah, everytime I looked at my bumper, it always looks like it's gonna fall off or it's been in an accident.

Anyways, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts