GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of front clips can you put on a 99' Silverado NBS. I know you can put on an escalade front end, is there anything else. I want the SS front end. Also... when you look in truckin mag it says the Caddy clip is $2,999. How much would labor cost to put it in and how much would it cost to paint somthing like that. Has anyone done this?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
you can just buy a 03 front end with a SS bumper. It is a direct swap. Thoose front end kits usually are pretty cheaply made, i think physh1 had one on his dually and complained how thin the sheet metal was

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called the dealer and they said they dont have a conversion kit. They said I would have to buy the fenders, hood, grill shell, grill, lights, and bumper all separatly. That would cost a fortune. Does any one know where I can get a kit.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
dreamrr said:
I called the dealer and they said they dont have a conversion kit. They said I would have to buy the fenders, hood, grill shell, grill, lights, and bumper all separatly. That would cost a fortune. Does any one know where I can get a kit.
Try either this

or this

Escalade Front End Parts (modification needed to the lower half of the front fenders):
15070160 - Grille
88937037 - Outer End - LH
88937038 - Outer End - RH
88937045 - Hood
15044521 - Headlight - LH
15044522 - Headlight - RH
88937206 - Front Fascia
15047340 - Front Bumper
15705657 - Bumper Brace - LH
15705658 - Bumper Brace - RH

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
If you try to put an 03+ front end on a 99-02 (or 00-04 SUV) you need to modify the frame tips (Josh can offer some more insight into this). Other than that...just beware of the kits you find. Like 2k1slvrdo said...it will be cheapy made. I guess it goes to show you...you get what you pay for...

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
dreamrr said:
so how much do you guys think I would be spending to do a conversion like this?
A LOT

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
yea.. the dealership doesn't have a conversion kit, and most good caddy clips don't use conversion kits... They use the stock escalade fenders, and graft them onto the stock silverado fenders. Its alot of work, the quality of it is much better than an aftermarket kit.

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
Downfall said:
I have heard around 5k to get the caddy clip installed/painted
Is that the cost just for the labor or including parts?

I've gotten quoted about 2500 for paint and labor alone, but thats a hook-up price.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
you could put just about any NBS fullsize GM front clip on a 99 silvy. it all depends on what you think is the best looking one. If i was going to do a front end conversion i would buy all factory parts for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts