GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so not only where my wheel bearings bad but my transfer case and front diff need to be overhauled as well.:flame: I called the dealer to get a quote but the told me to bring it in. My question is how much is this going to run?

·
Registered
209 Posts
well if you go to a dealer it wont be cheap. Im a tech at a chevy dealer. you cant give prices over the phone because they have not clue what it needs without seeing it. what is the problem.

·
Maroon,Black,Chrome
3,348 Posts
unless there is alot of miles your transfer case and front diff should be fine, except a few seals, i had to replace my front driver side axle seal, transfercase output seal and next on the agenda, front pass axle seal

·
meow
15,748 Posts
When i took my truck into a LOCAL garage they told me it would be $1700 to fix the t-case :pow: I bought a used one for like $250

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I brought it in last night the truck has 118,000 on it. I dont use 4WD alot unless we go snowmobiling or get a big snowstorm but the sound is driving me nuts. There going to call me today with a quote. I have alldata and it says 7.8hrs for t-case and diff overhaul. So at least 600 in labor I wonder what the dealer will say.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i can tell you right now we allways inflate alldata times esp on older vechiles with rusty parts. i would bet they tell you more like 10-12 hours. and if you are getting a noise i would make sure its not your tires i have seen this alot on the sliverados. esp if you have different brand tires on it.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jesus Christ Josh, your truck is falling apart

Trade it in and get a SD
I said to the guy on the phone while they have it in there tell me what I can get for a trade-in. My wife laughed at me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts