GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a quick question. I have an 03 gmc sierra 4x4 z71. Its got 3.73 gears front and rear. Im goin to be throwing on a cognito lift here shortly and need a new front diff since the ear is missing. I was wondering what front diff would be compatable with mine. I will also add my front driveline spins free when in park. So this means I have the newer style transfer case. Does that have anything to do with the front diff?

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
You don't necessarily need a new diff. You can get the ear welded back on...plenty of people have done it. I'll be making a makeshift ear most likely due to not being able to find anywhere.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
superlift makes a bracket for 300 bucks. It fully returns everything back to stock. Its a 2 bracket kit. I just need the upper. I figured it would be cheaper to get a junkyard diff for a couple hundred bucks. I just want to know what is compatable so that once its in I dont have to worry about it.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Were you able to find the superlift bracket? I had a thread on this already and was not able to find anywhere to buy the bracket, and even talked to superlift who told me that it was discontinued? Cognito has one but its for HD's only. Call up you're local shops (i.e. 4wps or the like) and ask next time they install a knuckle lift if you can grab the ear off them. Just have it welded up. Should be relatively easy.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think I still have my ear lying around somewhere. Do you think it would be strong enough welded back on?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts