GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a 9.5 lift kit I wouldn't need a new front drive line since I have the floor shifter, right?

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
zubyc said:
With a 9.5 lift kit I wouldn't need a new front drive line since I have the floor shifter, right?
More than likely you'll need one because of the factory one being too short.... :bowtie:

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I thought it was only with an auto trac and when I talked to cognito he said i didn't need one but on the FT estimate they said i needed it

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Well, I'm just going by what happend to me, I needed one for my 10" Whiplash....I dunno about the NBS but it would seem to me that anything over an 8" lift would need a longer driveshaft... :shrug:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Yes you will need it, anything over 6" of diff drop needs it, the old one just physically isnt long enough. The 6" kitys make up for it by rotating the diff some, you cant do that enough for a bigger lift.

·
Registered
73 Posts
if your truck has push button 4wd with a button that says 'auto 4wd', you need a cv driveline. no auto 4wd, all you need is a re-tube with a cognito kit.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
retubed should be less than that, I know a place that will do it locally for less than $100 and build a custom CV shaft for about $300.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
retubed should be less than that, I know a place that will do it locally for less than $100 and build a custom CV shaft for about $300.
yeah, i got my reardriveshaft fo $100, and i had my front shaft lengthened for $25

1 - 10 of 10 Posts