GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bumper end caps are at the paint shop $110 to get the pair painted white (bought them black) so $145 total

Swapped chrome grill about 2 months ago $150 from a member at FSC

Chrome bumper reinforcement from carparts wholesale will be delivered tomorrow $137.99.

Total cost was 432.99

I sold my stock w/t grill for $80 on ebay
Sold the stock bumper reinforcement for $100 on FSC
and sold the stock w/t end caps for $100 on ebay

$280 in scrapped parts

Total out of pocket spending $152.99

Not bad to get a truck that looks way nicer than the $11k dollar truck I bought brand new.

Ill have pics up tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its been a pain in the ass cause i would have loved to just do it all at once but hunting down the deals put more $$ in my pocket.

·
Low Life ↓
4,485 Posts
damn good job man...keep a lookout for some handles as well my bro got some painted ones on here for 40 bucks...makes a huge difference in looks...

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah that other stuff will come later, after I graduate, apperance mods will be done for a while, leveling and new tires are next on the list.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
The bumper isnt bad to switch everything. To remove it, unbolt the side braces and then there are just 2 bolts that hold it on accessible from the top but your gonna have to remove the grille first. You dont even have to remove the tow hooks.

Get a nice table with some towels or something and set both side-by-side in a U-shape sorta facing up. All you need to change parts is like a 12mm and 10mm I think...theres about 50 bolts believe it or not.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bumper isnt bad to switch everything. To remove it, unbolt the side braces and then there are just 2 bolts that hold it on accessible from the top but your gonna have to remove the grille first. You dont even have to remove the tow hooks.

Get a nice table with some towels or something and set both side-by-side in a U-shape sorta facing up. All you need to change parts is like a 12mm and 10mm I think...theres about 50 bolts believe it or not.
Ill more than likely have to take everything off the old one, then put it on the new one I won't be able to have both sitting their side by side, I don't really have space in my apartment,

50 bolts, shit, thank god I have a adapter for my drill so I can undo all those quickly.

So the whole thing will come off once I undo the 4 bolts from the side supports? That will make things a lot easier. The grill is NBD, I took it off once when I swapped the chrome one on. Thats a huge plus knowing I won't be laying on the ground in my craptastic parking lot trying to get these things off

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha same here.

My wheels have the chrome skins on them, they look "Okay" but yeah in the future wheels too. I just have to find a set for a good price and get some money too haha.

·
Registered
748 Posts
very cool. i would of kept the black bumper reinforcement bar and painted it white instead of the ugle chrome bumper but to each there own.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the one with the air hole in it which I think looks better than the solid one. But yeah I like a little chrome on the front end. Thats it for the chrome though, My name isn't Quill. Every other part that goes on the truck is going to be color matched if I do anything to it, mirror caps, handles, ect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts