• '03-'05 Chevy Silverado front clip

Votes: 7 33.3%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the issue.

Got my '04 Silverado, stock front clip other than colormatching and all that jazz. Std cab, shorty.

Also have an '01 Sierra. My grill got fucked up in a house move, and my fenders are a bit trashed as well, so I figured I'd go ahead and swap out to a new front end. I have tons of options - Escalade, HD, Tahoe, '03+ Chevy, '03+ Gmc, etc.

Well here's the deal. I can get a set of '03+ Chevy fenders for $50 a piece, and a hood for $150. I've already got a grill for that bodystyle, so that just leaves me needing a bumper and some other misc parts to make it complete.

Problem is, if I get the '03+ clip then I'll have two almost identical trucks. I mean they're both channeled on 22's, the main differences between the two being the shell and the suicide doors.

Which leads me to my question: Should I switch to the '01-02 Chevy HD front clip and have something a bit different than my '01, or go with the '03-'05 Chevy front end and have the identical front clip?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
07 tahoe front end fo sho.

I'd do the 01-02 HD clip. I always wanted to put one on my truck and regretted never finishing it.

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
I'd do a 99-02 chevrolet front end with a HD hood, tahoe grille with stock inserts and bowtie, painted bumper pad, chrome bumper, Hd valance with foglights. Stock headlights and corner lenses

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
01-02 Checy HD clip and then run the 03+ GMC bumper with that......looks sick IMO.....
do a replacement front clip with an 03 gmc bumper and an hd hood IMO.
I'd do a 99-02 chevrolet front end with a HD hood, tahoe grille with stock inserts and bowtie, painted bumper pad, chrome bumper, Hd valance with foglights. Stock headlights and corner lenses
Although I've considered my hybrid clip options, what drew me to the HD look was this truck:

That grill and front bumper just looks tits on that truck, and even though it doesn't have the hood, I can picture it clearly. More importantly, it's not done very often.

The hybrid stuff like Chevy hoods and GMC bumpers just never seem to look right to me. Plus I don't wanna have to buy an additional hood to get the HD look on my stock GMC hood, and the whole point here is that if I'm replacing my fenders, I want to go with something different, so GMC's are out of the picture.

Another thing that may factor into your votes here is that I'm running a rear bumper on this truck. One option I've considered is running the '03+ front clip with an SS bumper and SS rear cap. Not sure how all that would fit or work on a bodydropped truck, but it'd certainly be different.

Any other pics of these other options?

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
i love the HD front end, no hybirds like you said but straighup like the one in that pic, I really want to do the HD front end and somehow mold a ss bumper to the bottom of the cap, thatd be tits, but Id say do it, and maybe section the valance to fit perfectly flush with the ground

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
I am glad that you're keeping the stock rear bumper.

I was going to run the entire HD front end on my old truck but the grilles are damn expensive. I found one used on ebay and the dude fucked me over.

I think you should do what you're saying. But, don't do a billet bowtie and insert. just keep the stock bowtie and inserts. Hell if you don't like the whole HD front end you could find someone and trade them for thier stock bumper and grille and do something else. You can check out my photobucket and look at the different pictures of my old truck. I changed the front end up a lot of different times on that truck.

By the way, what color are you painting the truck?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am glad that you're keeping the stock rear bumper.

I was going to run the entire HD front end on my old truck but the grilles are damn expensive. I found one used on ebay and the dude fucked me over.

I think you should do what you're saying. But, don't do a billet bowtie and insert. just keep the stock bowtie and inserts. Hell if you don't like the whole HD front end you could find someone and trade them for thier stock bumper and grille and do something else. You can check out my photobucket and look at the different pictures of my old truck. I changed the front end up a lot of different times on that truck.

By the way, what color are you painting the truck?
I've got 9 quarts of HoK limetime green in my garage right now, and since that might be close on my dually, and there's another '51 in that same color right now in Street Trucks, I'm leaning towards painting the '01 that color.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
nice, i wana see this shit done, whens the est time of completion?

·
tell Sloan I said whatup
1,951 Posts
HD for sure.
Im back in town. I'll call you soon...

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
Although I've considered my hybrid clip options, what drew me to the HD look was this truck:

That grill and front bumper just looks tits on that truck, and even though it doesn't have the hood, I can picture it clearly. More importantly, it's not done very often.

The hybrid stuff like Chevy hoods and GMC bumpers just never seem to look right to me. Plus I don't wanna have to buy an additional hood to get the HD look on my stock GMC hood, and the whole point here is that if I'm replacing my fenders, I want to go with something different, so GMC's are out of the picture.

Another thing that may factor into your votes here is that I'm running a rear bumper on this truck. One option I've considered is running the '03+ front clip with an SS bumper and SS rear cap. Not sure how all that would fit or work on a bodydropped truck, but it'd certainly be different.

Any other pics of these other options?
Damn I like the look of that WITHOUT the HD hood. Would look a hell a lot better though if the bumper could be "filled in", guessing such a bumper would be a nontrivial project though.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You want me to complicate things some more?

That chick who has the 03+ clip for sale? Yeah she'll get rid of the fenders and hood for $200.

Seriously.

I'd almost have an entire front clip.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I dont know, Im not really feeling the HD bumpercap on that truck. :shrug:

·
Banned
4,048 Posts
I like the HD clip with the light duty hood. If you wanted to do that i have a 01 hood for sale. I'll be at Ludikris if you are goin this weekend.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
I'd do the HD front end. I have it on my truck and yes, not many others have it. I painted the whole grille though, no chrome on mine.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The HD front end would look sweet. What all has to be done to fit the grill and bumper cap on there. I have an HD Hood already and might consider getting the grill and cap, the dude bought my hood from would hook me up. He sold me my hd hood for 90 bux.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts