GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Fire Red
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my 6.5 zone lift about a month ago, and i keep hearing poping sounds comming from the front end. Only happens when turning on unleveled pavement. Went back and tighten everything but the sounds still there. My only guess is that when i remounted my swaybar to the lower control arm the angle of the connection bolt is alittle steap. When the sway bar is mounted to the frame am i supposed to tighten to wear its fixed or should it be loose to allow for up and down movement? Any ideas about the front noise? Its a 2wd.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Ditch the swaybar :imo

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
sounds like the swaybar popping to me, my trucks also doing it very lightly, not sure if its supposed to be greased or what tho

·
Could be
192 Posts
First 3 guesses.

1) Shocks are loose
2) Sway bar is loose or hitting something that wasn't there previously
3) Somethings binding.

I would start by going back and checking everything 1 more time, and grease everything while your under there.

edit: if that doesn't work, drive it for a few days and then go back and look for new metal or where the paint rubbed off.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Although it is a newer truck could also be a ball joint. I would check the sway bar first though.

·
Registered
887 Posts
take off your sway bar and see if it still does it.:imo

dam who made your sig.

·
1,847 Posts
my nnbs does that and its all stock. Other members have had the problem too. I'm taking mine to the dealership pretty soon to get it checked out

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
one of my shocks up front is poping too but its just time for a new one and does it when i hit bumps not turn.........my guess is like eveyrone elses prob the sway bar.....wouldnt take it off just see where at exacatly and which side its poping on and just fix it...

·
Fire Red
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took the bolts from the sway bar to the control arm off and it helped alittle with the front end popping but the sounds still there just not as bad. I dont see any metal rubbing at all. Ball joints aren't steep at all. Ill straighten the sway bar bolt angle and reinstall. Could it be that the actual swaybar is to tight on the frame and getting it in a bind? Just getting pissed off cause of the shitty sounds i hear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts