GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 chevy Silverado LS 4x4 and I need to change the ball joints and the rest of the stuff underneath my truck so I'm looking for a good kit that will work on my truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Moog from Rock Auto.

Upper and lower BJs
Pitman Arm
Idler Arm
Idler Bracket (optional unless it has play)
Inner and outer TREs
Wheel bearings

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
While you are at it might as well replace the upper and lower control arm bushings.

For the top you can just buy a 100% new upper A-Arm with balljoints and new bushings installed.

For the lower control arms you will need to have them press fit into the arm.

I did this on my 2002, put in moogs all around.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
While you are at it might as well replace the upper and lower control arm bushings.

For the top you can just buy a 100% new upper A-Arm with balljoints and new bushings installed.

For the lower control arms you will need to have them press fit into the arm.

I did this on my 2002, put in moogs all around.
This too.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
I have a 2006 chevy Silverado LS 4x4 and I need to change the ball joints and the rest of the stuff underneath my truck so I'm looking for a good kit that will work on my truck.

For wheel bearings/hub assemblies, get Timken, best replacement out there, better than OEM. $113 per side (X2)

For inner & outer tie rod ends, get Moog, not super expensive, and one if the best quality wise (OEM replacement), and are greaseable. $31 per inner (X2), $35 per outer (X2).

For Upper ball joints, get the Moog upper control arm assembly with ball joint installed (also has bushings). Only $72 per arm (X2), and ready to be bolted it.

Lower ball joint & A-arm bushings go Moog. These will need to be pressed out, then the new ones back in. About $70 for the 2 bushings & Ball joint at Rock Auto per side (X2). A new Moog lower control arm complete with Ball joint and bushings is $200 per side (X2).

For Idler arm & pitman arm, IMO I'd go AC Delco professional, Many people have had problems with Moog's not fitting properly. $66 per Idler arm (X2) and $68 per Pitman (X2) arm.

Rock Auto will be your best bed for everything! You would be looking at $760 (+ shipping) for new wheel bearings, lower ball joints & A-arm bushings, Upper control arms (complete), inner & outer tie-rod ends, pitman and idler arm. Which would feel like a world of difference.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?make=CHEVROLET&ck

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hay thank you for all the info. I'll go look at the Web site.

Now it's not hard to change everything if I do it myself

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
Hay thank you for all the info. I'll go look at the Web site.

Now it's not hard to change everything if I do it myself

I did a full front end overhaul on my 2002 silverado once. I had the truck on jack stands over night and sprayed everything down with pb blaster. and let it soak all night. Helps those rusty bolts a lot.

Took me probably 8 or so hours to change wheel bearings, upper control arms, lower control arms with new ball joints and bushings all around. Just go slow and always make sure the truck is firm on the jack stands.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for all the info. Yeah I have to do it soon my tires are really bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts