GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m running 37s on my 02 GMC Sierra 2500HD. I used to have a mild vibration around 55mph. I recently had new brake lines and calipers put on. Now I have a much worse vibration which starts about 50mph and goes to 60 mph. The shop had the truck for 6 days and took the tires off and on multiple times. Could they have knocked off a weight off a tire? If they out the tires back on different hubs would this do it? Any other thoughts. Gonna have them balance tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had this problem occur, but on my wife's Nissan mini van. Turned out to be a bubble in the rear passenger tire. Very difficult to spot the bubble too. Well that, and the front passenger wheel well molding was rubbing against the tire at such an angle, the car would shake(only at highway speed 70+mph), accompanied by a pulsating break peddle. After securing the wheel well molding, and replacing the rear tire, the shakes are gone, even at 90 mph. If you bought your tires used, I wouldn't worry to much about how the bubble got there, but if you bought the tires new, it's either a tire manufacturer defect, and if not, it could mean there is another underlying issue causing the tire to deform.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts