GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DrtBoy
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 silverado 1/2 ton 4x4 with 100,500 miles on it. When I'm driving at low speeds, my front drivers side squeaks. I took the wheel off, rotated the hub without any squeaking. Every zerk has new grease.

With the wheel on and pushing up and down on the bumper it squeaks and also the low speed driving. When I'm driving, it isn't all the time, more like the rotor being warped.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
DrtBoy
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's got me stumped cause it won't squeak with the tire off when I rotate the spindle. It squeaks when I drive slow and when I push down on the bumper.

And the low speed driving is only when the wheel hits a certain point in the rotation.

I guess it could be control arm bushing for when I bounce the front end, but nothing is touching the rotor for the driving squeak

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 06 Chevy and had the hole front end replaced and I have a squeak when I drive at low speeds and when I push on the bumper. And I think it's the upper control arm.

·
Registered
770 Posts
If you can make it squeak by pushing down on the bumper, have a friend bounce it while your feel for noise vibrations on all the suspension bushings and joints.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts