GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can You Fit A 9.25 Front Differential In The Place Of An 8.25 Differential In A Half Ton Truck?

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
AFAIK you can w/ a good bit of modification. There's a guy named Parish on PT.net who did it if i remember correctly. I'll try to find his post. Why do you want to btw?

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
Well, i wouldnt bother even attempting it until i blew up the one from the 1500. Parish ran a 10.08 w/ 1,000+ whp in a 5,000 lb truck on the stock front diff. I tried pulling a buddy out in 4lo w/ 4.56's and blew out a tripot on my front left cv, without any noticeable damage to the diff.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
yea man run it till it dies, you will break the cv shafts long before the differential in most cases, kinda like a "fuse", there was a guy jacqson i believe on FSC that was making adapters to stick the 3/4 cv shafts on 1/2 tons, but to answer your question no they wont fit, unless you do significant fabrication, especially if the truck is stock height, as the guy in that post was doing this to a "knuckle" lift truck, which already widens the track width and requires the use of spacers on the cv shafts(which gives room for the adapters) if you have a stock height/full drop lift truck there might not be room for the adapters. edit: that jaqson guy is here too, and he posted in the same thread about it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts