GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This summer Im convertin to 2wd with a shockwave setup, for now just in the front till I get my wheels and narrowed rearend so I can slap in the 4link and shockwaves out back... but Im thinkin for now just have a shrader valve, its not being built to lay, just handling and better ride, is there anything wrong with T'ing the bags or does it give it too much flex between pressure in the bags... when I do the rear I plan on putting a compressor and like a 7 gal or so tank, gota figure out how Im gonna keep it all under the bed since inboard 4link requires me to put a cell out back. Im thinking something like onthelos setup.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
i personallly would run seperate valves for each corner in the front....especially in your case being that you are going for a more performance approach, i would not want air transferrring/moving side to side on me under heavy driving/turning conditions..

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what I was figuring, seperate them. Anyone have a list of all the parts I would need to plumb it up... if its not that much more maybe Ill just put the tank and compressor now.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
I know a nice set of 3pc Intros that would look nice on your truck.. heh heh

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heh... I already got my intros designed, just need some cash for them :secret: thanks tho

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Is it possible to mount the shockwave with the 4WD setup up front?

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea its possible most anything is :crazy: but its not worth my trouble to keep 4wd, just for the power Ill be pushing id rather have a nice set of slicks on the rear with my 4link setup.

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
you could run 2 3 gallon tanks on the outside of the frame either infront or behind the wheels. I would do it in front so its less likely to be seen.

I would run two valves up front. You can get them at NAPA for less then $2 each. If you don't have a NAPA in your town let me know and I'll pick you some up and mail them to you. Let me know man....

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you have AIM GMracer313 hit me up.
Any pics of the tanks mounted there, where can I get the tanks I was also thinkin bout puttin it in front of the fuel cell like onthelows

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
I aint got no AIM.
I don't have any pictures but it can be done fairly easily.
Here is the link to a 3 gallon
http://www.suicidedoors.com/3Gallon2PortBlackTank.php
Hell I'm sure you could fit a 5 gallon there too. You would just need to measure and see which one would work. I doubt the 5 gallon would fit very well behind the axle but i bet it would fit nicely it front of the axle. plus if you go with the 5 gallon you can get stainless steel. What ever you do DONT get chrome tanks.

Let me know if you need them valves.

1,932 Posts
Just some info on that subject of air transfer from the bags if you run a line between them. Back in the day when I use to talk to larry eckels (SP?) from Innovative Air Suspension he told me he has hooked up 1/8" airline from one front bag to the other front back. (i think he used the guages lines just ran them across) But he did this to prove a point. That even with that small of a airline it STILL transfered enough air to make it a shitty ride. Kinda just some interesting insite, I would highly advice like stated before I would run 2 shreader valves.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys, red these valves? is this for the onboard system or the setup where i would fill it with a compressor, the more I think about it, i might as well do the onboard now

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ahh ic, well Im probably gonna just do the onboard setup. might as well right?

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
for now i wouldn't. that shit all adds up and can get fast quick. just get the shockwaves and run them valves till you get the other cash. you said you want it for performance and not to lay out so it shouldnt bother you much that you can't be hitting switches 24/7

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i need all the cash I can get for the lsx block :evil: plus the 80e but... where should I mount the fill valves?

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
they will be fill and dump in one. you just let the air out and it lowers it. I would mount them under the hood on the coresupport. or if you plan on having these valves for a while I would run some air line and mount them inside your gas filler door.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so i fill them up just like a tire? and when i wana deflate them i just deflate like i do a tire? the reason I want on board air is so i can roll 5/8 drop and lift back up when i come to an incline basically

1 - 20 of 29 Posts