GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Formerly Chevy8869
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site and had a question I thought maybe you all could help me out with, I have an 88 Chevy C1500, I just put Slam Specialties air bags on it. I need to get some shocks for the front though. What kind are you guys using out there up front on trucks like mine? What brand and any measurements of totally compressed to totally extended? I just got a bolt on shock relocation kit made by Air Ride Tech but haven't got the shocks yet. I want a shock that will still let me air all the way out to the frame like it does now, but I also want it to not be soo bouncy up front like it is now without shocks. Also anybody have any pics, the shock relocation kit didn't come with any instructions as to exactly where to bolt on the mounts, is it trial and error? Any ideas? Nice site too by the way, everybody seems cool.

·
Formerly Chevy8869
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
chevy8869 said:
I am new to this site and had a question I thought maybe you all could help me out with, I have an 88 Chevy C1500, I just put Slam Specialties air bags on it. I need to get some shocks for the front though. What kind are you guys using out there up front on trucks like mine? What brand and any measurements of totally compressed to totally extended? I just got a bolt on shock relocation kit made by Air Ride Tech but haven't got the shocks yet. I want a shock that will still let me air all the way out to the frame like it does now, but I also want it to not be soo bouncy up front like it is now without shocks. Also anybody have any pics, the shock relocation kit didn't come with any instructions as to exactly where to bolt on the mounts, is it trial and error? Any ideas? Nice site too by the way, everybody seems cool.
Anybody? I know most of you have bags and some of you got to have a truck like mine! Help me out here. :think:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts