GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CHEVY FAN
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Better check yours if you have a NBS.My dads 2004 D-MAX went out at 46,000 miles and it is a problem on 1/2 tons too. According to the dealers and parts stores this is a problem with early failure and if not caught in time ,spindle failure is also a problem. Just a heads up guys!!:)

·
SyTy Speed Shop
229 Posts
my truck has 85K on it and the driver side is tight as new, but the passenger side has alittle bit of wobble, i need to replace it here soon, but its not making any noise.....yet.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Corrosion can also cause the wheel speed sensor to send faulty signals which results in ABS malfunction which caused me to hit my fathers garage door last year. That was at ~50k. I replaced both with timken units and after one winter of snow plowing they are shot again. I need to replace asap as i have already felt the abs kicking in for no reason when braking and turning at the same time. Does anyone know of a heavy duty wheel bearing that can handle more weight? My plow weighs about 900lbs and I need something stronger than the timkens.

·
GroundeD 4 LifE
1,234 Posts
where is everyone getting them from there fricken expensive I need to do mine asap. Any help on where to get them cheaper?

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
Mine on my '02 Sierra lasted for about 140,000 with no problems.

Got some new ones from rockautodotcom. Can't recall the price off the top of my head, but I remember they weren't cheap.

I think they are more of a problem on the 2WD's, as is the spindle failure, or maybe just more prevalant...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts