GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
"The Man"
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this a while back and then changed my mind, but Im trying to buy one of my old trucks back so I am wanting to go ahead and get the truck sold at this point.

Info:
2006 silverado 1500 4x4 (manual 4x4 on floor, not auto by swtich on dash)
3.73 gears
5.3 v8 w/ NV3500 manual 5 speed
3" lift on 33" nitto trail grapplers with 18x9 xd wheels

Mods:
Custom tuned ECU from nelson performance (89 Octane)
Pacesetter long tube headers
Pacesetter O/R Y pipe
I just replaced my lighting style Gibson side exhaust with a magnaflow setup that comes out the back. Cali style, (tips point and angle down)
Grantelli Cold Air Intake
Kenwood stereo, aftermarket component speakers, alpine amp, and 2 10"s behind the seat
5k hid headlights, cree led reverse lights, brand new in box 5k hid fog lights (not installed)
kobalt black low pro tool box
beliner
tinted windows
Full color-matched front end, mirrors, and tailgate handle. I have the smooth door handles but I haven't had them painted yet. I do have a paint-matched top bumper pad, but I didn't like the fitment so I took it off. But I do still have it.
Also have a brand new in the box 50" cree LED curved light bar, just need to order the brackets to mount it. Unless I mount it on the truck, it is not included. but will sell for a good deal separate.

Truck had 81,508 miles on it when i installed the 5.3. It currently has 87,XXX miles on it. These are the parts that i replaced when i put the motor in:
-Brand new duralast water pump and thermostat
-Brand new duralast A/C compressor
-New AC Delco spark plugs, wires, and coil packs (yes all 8 coil packs replaced)
-8 brand new GM fuel injectors
-New set of motor mounts and frame mounts
-New belt, tensioner and pulley, idler
-New oil dipstick tube and dipstick
-New optima red top battery
-New duralast starter
-Replaced all gaskets on top end, ABSOLUTELY NO OIL LEAKS
-Fresh penzoil platinum full synthetic oil and AC delco filter, Fresh coolant
-Brand new SACHS clutch and flywheel with new TOB and Pilot bearing (shifts SMOOTH)
-Long tube headers, y-pipe, and gibson stainless catback
-2 new O2 seonsors

I have over $5,000 in reciepts for every part i have bought for this truck. I really love this truck, its very fun, and super clean both inside and out, but I think its time to let it go. No dents, a few dings in drivers door and 1 on the tailgate, no swirls in the paint. Inside looks like nobody ever even sat in it. Absoluty beautiful truck, tasteful mods, and a rare combo with the v8 and 5 speed.

Mainly looking for cash, but you can make a trade offer.

Price: $13,500
I'm not selling this for 10k, so don't bother me with lowball offers. And ill go ahead and say this, I am very aware of market value and what things are worth. I flip cars on the side, been doing it for years. I buy rollers, shells, projects etc. I buy from tow lots and auctions etc.. My last build turned into a magazine feature and the car is now in the hands of a collector overseas. Blah, blah.. I know. Reason for including this is: I don't care what you think this is worth, whatever you think it is worth is your opinion and we all know your entitled to it. But it will do you know good to post that opinion here as It will in NO WAY affect my asking price, or what id be willing to accept for the truck. All your doing is wasting our time and causing arguments in my for sale ad. I wont comment on it, I will ignore it, and yall can all gang up and spread out 3 pages amongst yourselves on how ill never sell it. But, I always sell my vehicles, and I know there is someone out there that wants this truck and understands my price and we will go from there. So again, please.. lets just not go down that road. Thanks!

Lastly, I do daily this truck right now. I sold my last daily not too long ago, and I have decided to drive this until I sell it and then take the proceeds to buy what I want. I drive A LOT. So millage will go up, and it wont go up slow. I will adjust price accordingly as I see fit for millage increase vs time it takes to sell the truck. There are 2 codes currently on the truck. Both lean conditions in bank 1 and 2. I am currently working with nelson performance to correct this issue, but ive put all the miles since the engine swap on it like it is so it is in no way an issue that will result in not being able to drive or daily the truck.

For now, here a link to the craigslist ad: http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4860325903.html

I will ad pics when I get a chance, just remember that I just had the exhaust replaced and those pics do not show that. Also in that ad I put 8k hid lights, but it has 5k. And as far as the interior, I don't have a concrete driveway so the dirt on the floor happens obviously. But I have it professionally detailed once a month and they clean the floor and shine it like its brand new. I will have it detailed for the buyer once it is sold. PM me here is the best way, even over texting/calling the number in the ad.

Current NADA values:
With v6:http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2006...0-PICKUP-1-2-Ton-V8/Regular-Cab-LS-4WD/Values
With v8:http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2006...0-PICKUP-1-2-Ton-V8/Regular-Cab-LS-4WD/Values

With this in mind, my price really isn't far off from retail values and your getting a lot of extras. I will include a folder that is over 1/2" thick full of receipts.

Ive tried trading this in twice in the last few months, both dealers offered $11k. Just in case anybody is curious on that.

·
"The Man"
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reserved for pics

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Was 5.3 a new engine when installed?

·
"The Man"
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was 5.3 a new engine when installed?
No, it was pulled from a 2003 Silverado. It had 97000 miles on it at the time of install.

trade you a pt cruiser
Really? Man that's my dream car I sure wish I could afford to make that happen. Sadly I cant, but I really do appreciate your offer. :wave:

Also, I do have the factory front grill, bumper, mirrors, lights (bulbs), tailgate handle, and factory intake. I will sell with all that on it for less obviously.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I guess you already know you're high as a kite since you said don't post about the price.

·
"The Man"
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess you already know you're high as a kite since you said don't post about the price.
And I guess you already know that your opinion wasn't wanted since you apparently read that paragraph.

The truck is going to sell, im not at all worried about that. If It don't, ill continue to drive it. So like I said from the get go, the price is what it is, and I will accept offers. But im not lowering my price just because you and the next 50 people that comment on this thread think I should.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
i would be lucky to get that for my truck and i have 20k miles less

·
"The Man"
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i would be lucky to get that for my truck and i have 20k miles less
So like 5K less than when it was new? Lolzerburg
Maybe I put a high price so everyone would comment and keep the ad bumped up to the top? All I can say to whoever is interested is don't be afraid to make me an offer. I know worse case scenario I can get 11k at the dealership. Best offer will get the truck.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
I'm guessing you dont know if engine is v6 or 8? Just because you posted both links? just throwing that into the mix..

and nah, you're not 4k above retail at all..

just pointing some things out.. some idiot will throw you the money you want, just not on here

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
And I guess you already know that your opinion wasn't wanted since you apparently read that paragraph.

The truck is going to sell, im not at all worried about that. If It don't, ill continue to drive it. So like I said from the get go, the price is what it is, and I will accept offers. But im not lowering my price just because you and the next 50 people that comment on this thread think I should.
Lolol You obviously know your price is insane. 11k was a damn strong offer, IMO.

·
Banned
2,851 Posts
Take this as a "free bump".

If a dealership offered you $11,000 on a V8 swapped truck, I would have taken that.

I've owned, sold, and flipped my fair share of vehicles in my lifetime. Considering that truck was factory equipped with a V6, prolly had a minimal selection of options, and most buyers nowadays are turned off by manual transmissions (not this guy tho), you will be holding onto it for awhile at $15k.

Whatever dealer offered you $11k was out of their mind. Like seriously crazy. Our 2008 Tahoe only fetched $13k with 105,XXX miles. And it was INSANELY clean with a shit ton of factory options.

Surely they questioned you about receipts for the work that was done and such? Being that the motor that's in it now doesn't match the coding for the VIN.

Again, consider this a free bump. Just don't see $15k. Damn good looking truck tho.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Also, the engine has more miles than the truck. That's something that should be disclosed beforehand.

·
"The Man"
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Take this as a "free bump".

If a dealership offered you $11,000 on a V8 swapped truck, I would have taken that.

I've owned, sold, and flipped my fair share of vehicles in my lifetime. Considering that truck was factory equipped with a V6, prolly had a minimal selection of options, and most buyers nowadays are turned off by manual transmissions (not this guy tho), you will be holding onto it for awhile at $15k.

Whatever dealer offered you $11k was out of their mind. Like seriously crazy. Our 2008 Tahoe only fetched $13k with 105,XXX miles. And it was INSANELY clean with a shit ton of factory options.

Surely they questioned you about receipts for the work that was done and such? Being that the motor that's in it now doesn't match the coding for the VIN.

Again, consider this a free bump. Just don't see $15k. Damn good looking truck tho.
No hard feelings, and I understand everyones thinking, but the truck is going to sell. And if it doesn't Ill keep driving it. The two dealers I brought it to were texas finchers best which I have done business with in the past and they sell stuff like this, and the other was some wholesale lot that had a super clean f250 that I wanted. And as for receipts, I brought them, and neither dealer cared to even look at them. They both started truck, revved it up, went in their office and came back out and offered 10k. I said no, they both came back with $11k. I walked.

Also, the engine has more miles than the truck. That's something that should be disclosed beforehand.
I didn't hesitate to disclose it once you asked, and if you look at the pics and read the add it is obvious it wasn't a new motor. Quit nit picking my thread, I get it-- you don't like my price, I already said I don't care.

·
"The Man"
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm guessing you dont know if engine is v6 or 8? Just because you posted both links? just throwing that into the mix..

just pointing some things out.. some idiot will throw you the money you want, just not on here
v6 one is there for you to see the value that a bank will see when they run the vin, v8 one is there just for reference with the v8 motor. Obviously I know what I have, its in the title. And wasn't aware you could see the future, im sure if someone on here was going to buy it they would pm me an offer. The truck is getting exposure, that's all it takes. Its posted on different sites, I don't really care which one it sells off of.

Read in the lounge a while back about someone commenting on how this site has slowed down, its quite obvious. Nobody can have a clean for sale thread, you cant ask for help without getting a thread full of smart ass answers and "use the search button", cant post pics of your truck without someone finding flaws and telling you to do they don't like this or that. But I knew what I was going to get when I posted it, even though I asked to keep it out. So carry on, feel free to keep giving your unwanted opinions as it keeps the ad on the front page.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
v6 one is there for you to see the value that a bank will see when they run the vin, v8 one is there just for reference with the v8 motor. Obviously I know what I have, its in the title. And wasn't aware you could see the future, im sure if someone on here was going to buy it they would pm me an offer. The truck is getting exposure, that's all it takes. Its posted on different sites, I don't really care which one it sells off of.

Read in the lounge a while back about someone commenting on how this site has slowed down, its quite obvious. Nobody can have a clean for sale thread, you cant ask for help without getting a thread full of smart ass answers and "use the search button", cant post pics of your truck without someone finding flaws and telling you to do they don't like this or that. But I knew what I was going to get when I posted it, even though I asked to keep it out. So carry on, feel free to keep giving your unwanted opinions as it keeps the ad on the front page.
tl;dr

·
"The Man"
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

good for you. Rude and lazy, some great qualities you got there bud.

·
ROB
3,022 Posts
Unfortunately your quoted statement is pretty accurate and is imo bringing the site down. It seems like it is just a handful of guys that are constantly causing most of the issues. If that handful were banned or forced to have a major attitude adjustment the site would drastically improve.

I like the truck but that is no surprise with my rcsb obsession. Plus it has a v8 amd 3 pedals.

·
"The Man"
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Unfortunately your quoted statement is pretty accurate and is imo bringing the site down. It seems like it is just a handful of guys that are constantly causing most of the issues. If that handful were banned or forced to have a major attitude adjustment the site would drastically improve.

I like the truck but that is no surprise with my rcsb obsession. Plus it has a v8 amd 3 pedals.
I agree 100%. But I don't see anything happening about it.

When I bought this truck it was exactly what I wanted. minus the v6. I overpaid for it then, but it was what I wanted and although the price isn't to the liking for most, I do expect to get close to asking price. There isn't a need for anyone to get their panties in a bunch over it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts