GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long will it take to let the pressure drop. I want to change my filter today. Truck has been sitting for a few hours.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just pull the fuel relay, start your truck and let it run til it dies. That'll get most the fuel out of the lines

·
Duckahollic
141 Posts
+1 there will still be a small amount of fule but mostly air pressure after that.
Good Luck.
Just pull the fuel relay, start your truck and let it run til it dies. That'll get most the fuel out of the lines

·
Banned
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking it should be fine like it is. Been parked since 8 am, it is now 2.

Last truck I had I waited a couple hours and changed it. Little fuel came out.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I'm thinking it should be fine like it is. Been parked since 8 am, it is now 2.

Last truck I had I waited a couple hours and changed it. Little fuel came out.
I usually release the pressure from the schrader valve on the fuel rail.

·
AllOffTopic.com FTW!
8,460 Posts
If you were to try to start it right now, would it fire up quickly or would you need to turn it to "On", wait to hear the pump stop, and crank it a few seconds?

If it would fire up quickly, you've got fuel pressure. Why get sprayed when you can take 20 seconds to yank the "f/pmp" relay and crank it?

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Pressure isn't supposed to bleed off. The system needs to be primed and under pressure in order to start effectively.

You're stubborn. Pull the relay or the fuse and crank it dry. Or do it your way and have a nice gasoline shower.

·
AllOffTopic.com FTW!
8,460 Posts
Wanna learn how to bust your balls cleaning the tank? Search for my recent thread about it...what a pain in the ass that was...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts