GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I ordered a new pump for my '98 K1500, regular bed, and I went to look into how I would take the bed off to install. Well, the guys at Line-X sprayed over my bed bolts. Does anyone have pics of an OBS without the bedliner, so that I can know where to cut the Line-X to get to the bed bolts. Thanks

·
The Dude
505 Posts
Are you sure the bolts are not on the bottom side of the bed? I know the newer trucks have them there. The Line-X isn't thick enough to hide the bed bolts, they are pretty fuckin' big.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah--the bolts are on the underside---i figured that out---so, besides removing the bed from underneath, is the remove, install of the pump pretty straight forward?

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
yeah--the bolts are on the underside---i figured that out---so, besides removing the bed from underneath, is the remove, install of the pump pretty straight forward?
Make sure you clean everything very well before taking out the old pump. Any crud around the pump will fall into the tank and cause you more issues later on.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
:word: to above. also, dont forget to unbolt the filler neck from the bed and remove the tail lights and bulbs with the harness before you lift it off of the frame!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts