GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting on the freeway today and my truck just shut off. and it wont turn on. itll crank and crank. when i click the key over i dont hear the whine. I took out the pump and ran direct power to it and it clicked on. any idea what it could be? checked the fuel fuse and the relay, nothing.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
check the filter? details on the truck help too

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
May not be putting out enough pressure to fire the motor thats what mine did when it went out. You could turn the key and hear it come on but it didnt put out a enough pressure anymore to fire the motor. bought a new one and fired right up.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
May not be putting out enough pressure to fire the motor thats what mine did when it went out. You could turn the key and hear it come on but it didnt put out a enough pressure anymore to fire the motor. bought a new one and fired right up.
yeah thats exactly what mine did last weekend. be sure to pump the gas out before you drop the tank, unless its a pickup then youre one lucky sob. also an airline is good to have to blow all the dirt out of the tight spaces in there. if not then an air matress pump and a DIY nozzle works too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replys. i got it to turn on, but it only stays on for a few seconds then shuts off. replaced the fuel filter already. any ideas?

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
if i were you id start pumping all the fuel out of the tank so it wont be so hard to drop it. im 99% sure the pump is shot. it may turn on but it wont keep enough pressure to keep the engine running.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a fuel cell, taking the pump out is pretty easy. I guess thats the route im gonna have to take..

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
hoepfully youll find a pump cheaper than i. i forked out 200 for one and it only had a year warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts