GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well before we took my truck in to get painted it started actin up and cuttin out a little.. we changed the fuel filter and my old one was terrible.. thought that might fix it but it still does it.. goin easy on the gas at about 50mph and less is fine.. but when you floor it or get on it pretty hard it starts cuttin out.. its kinda like a "blooop.. blooop" then go type of thing.. its wierd.. any opinions on this?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone have any ideas? i wanna try to get this fixed before tuesday

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Hmm... Fuel pumps usually work, or they don't, not really in between, but I wouldn't rule it out. Is the SES light on? also, how clean is your air filter (wild guess) ?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Check the fuel pressure:read:. That'll tell ya if the pumps acting up....may wanna change the fuel filter before you do a pressure test.

Cameron

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we did change the fuel filter on monday... the old one was terrible.. but maybe the air filter needs cleaned or a new one... i might get me a K&N.. monday we're gonna have a test ran on it... also.. no warning lights or anything is on...

·
Registered
216 Posts
sounds just like mine that took a dump on me last week.

·
Registered
216 Posts
it was my brand new walbro 255lph pump dying(150 miles maybe)

·
Broke
350 Posts
yah i was gonna say i think they can be intermittent.... id say check fuel pressure if at all possible...

·
Just Cruz'n
133 Posts
Could Pewter00 have dirty tank that the contents from the bottom of the tank going into the new fuel filter instead of the fuel pump being the problem? I am just throwing out an idea, also might want to run a top end cleaner to be on the safe side.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Well, the pump picks up the gas before it hits the filter....so that wouldn't work.

Pumpm will slowly go out.....many just die...but some take a while. My brothers started going south and didn't start to really get bad for 3 months. I changed it before it quit but they can go slow.

Cameron

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
man this sucks.. but hey as long as it will go 50mph for a week or so.... my mom says she aint lettin me drive on the highway for a month or 2... but i can change that

1 - 14 of 14 Posts