GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. 2017 Z71 Sierra, 35K mi.

Was wondering about fuel system cleaners as everything around has ethanol in it. I went to the dealer to try out the stuff that is recommended in the owners manual, a GM product, and they don't even sell it. They peddle a product called BG Platinum 44K Fuel System Cleaner. I've always been a SeaFoam fan, but I thought I'd try the manufacturer recommend for this vehicle due to the low mileage and I may have to keep it for 20 years or so. Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations/pros/cons on anything else to use on a regular basis.
Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
314 Posts

Was wondering about fuel system cleaners as everything around has ethanol in it. I went to the dealer to try out the stuff that is recommended in the owners manual, a GM product, and they don't even sell it. They peddle a product called BG Platinum 44K Fuel System Cleaner. I've always been a SeaFoam fan, but I thought I'd try the manufacturer recommend for this vehicle due to the low mileage and I may have to keep it for 20 years or so. Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations/pros/cons on anything else to use on a regular basis.
I like the BG44k product. What’s wrong with using some E85 for a tank or two every now and then..?

·
I have t-rex arms
333 Posts

You don’t need anything. Just run it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
WANT LIFT!!!
3,255 Posts
I have done the Seafoam top end cleaner as well as run it through oil and gas before oil change a few times. I don't run a catch can. 2015 5.3 with almost 200k. In my eyes, it may have helped. I don't know for sure though.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts