GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to pick up a full length console out of an 00-02 Tahoe from a yard soon and I want to see what it looks like in a regular cab truck. Though, I do have a Pioneer 10" sub behind my jumpseat, I wonder what the clearance will be after I get the full length console in?

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
i had to trim the back of the console for my speaker box. You can't tell though because the seats cover it.

edit - you can see how big that speaker box is in the pic.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

it goes back a slight bit more than the seats.
When you say it goes back a bit more than the seats, do you mean when the seats are slid all the way back?

Here is my current set up.

I have my seats slid all the way back to keep the sub box in place.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I went and picked it up today and got it in. Was kind of a PITA but it was fun at the same time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm going to pick up a full length console out of an 00-02 Tahoe from a yard soon and I want to see what it looks like in a regular cab truck. Though, I do have a Pioneer 10" sub behind my jumpseat, I wonder what the clearance will be after I get the full length console in?
How much did you get it for just wondering because im ready to ditch my jumpseat as well

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much did you get it for just wondering because im ready to ditch my jumpseat as well
I picked mine up from a salvage yard for about 80 with out all the electrical/audio stuff (which I really didn't want anyways). A little cleaning up and putting it together and it was in.
Here is the end result. Colors don't really match but I don't mind that at all! I have just a bit more breathing room for my sub than I did with the jump seat.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
are you going to dye the console to match or the interior to match (only cause I notice the chipping in areas
Not too sure. I'm leaving it as is for now. I know somewhere down the line I'm going to pull it out again and paint it to match the exterior along with the dash bezel and the vents.

·
Banned
40 Posts
Im lookin for the same thing, but i want to make it a little more cleaner.

I have an 03' Sierra, RCSB.

What center consoles could i fit? 02+ Tahoe's i know would fit, what about escalades or denali's?

Also, i would need pretty much a whole new lower dash wouldn't I? Or just the trim that goes around the glove box, and the lower driver side dash?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is the console you have two pieces? What year is that out of? I wonder if it will clear my 4WD shifter if I leave the dash piece out.
Yeah, it's a two piece full length console. Came out of an 00-02 Tahoe.
Are these bolted in?
The console itself bolts to the mounting plate.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is the front open or anything would it look weird from the front if I left the dash piece out?
You can get just the console if you look around. Most should have a detachable front panel that would come off for the dash section of the console.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.