GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,ive been registered for a while just recently started actually posting.I have a 2002,sierra,2wd.Right now it has a 7 inch lift but after i finished it i realized that i truly wanted to go much bigger.Im set on buying a 12 inch Full Throttle lift but i was wondering what else i needed to buy.I know it needs brake lines and shocks but otehr than that what do i need?Do i need to get a longer driveshaft?anything with balljoints etc?Heres a pic of my truck currently.The pic under it is kind of what im baseing my vision off of.If you have any info or you have any more pics of the sierra below please throw them up or let me know the specs
thanks ahead of time.

Truck im looking for info on.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
from what i can tell the truck you posted is on 20x10 gunners and 38x15.50 trxxus sts's. not sure on the lift or height but definetly over 10"

have you considered putting a 3" body lift on to get more height? it would be alot cheaper alternative since u just put a 7" kit on it.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
That truck has a bulletproof kit on it with a 4" spindle stacked on top of it. Pretty sure hes running 38" toyos on it now.

The FTS kit should come with all the extended brakelines that you need, your driveshaft should be fine. Im running about 9"s of suspension lift on the rear of my truck and my driveshaft is fine. You can get tubular UCA's with the kit and it will come with heims or balljoints in them depending on what you want to get.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys,like i said,i didnt really know anything about the sierra i posted wether it was a 2wd or 4.I just knew i loved the way it looked and i wish i would have jsut waited to do it that way in the first place.I really dont wanna put a bodylift on it,i would like to stay with just the suspension lift.Is the guy with the truck i posted a member on here?Btw love both the trucks in your sigs,and Buttespade i checked out your whole build thread.Love the truck.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Thanks for the info guys,like i said,i didnt really know anything about the sierra i posted wether it was a 2wd or 4.I just knew i loved the way it looked and i wish i would have jsut waited to do it that way in the first place.I really dont wanna put a bodylift on it,i would like to stay with just the suspension lift.Is the guy with the truck i posted a member on here?Btw love both the trucks in your sigs,and Buttespade i checked out your whole build thread.Love the truck.
Ya his truck is a 2wd, hes a member on here but I honestly dont remember his username. he rarely posts on here. You could always do a cognito like mine, my truck has the 10-12 cognito with a 3" bodylift on it and it probably sits about as high as that truck does

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im looking into the cognito right now.Theres a guy that works at a car dealership in my town with a new crew cab denali with a cognito kit on it and its a great setup.Again if anyone who reads this can get me any info on that truck or more pics of it i would greatly appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts