GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do you guys think a shop would charge to install a 10" or 12" full throttle lift kit on my 2000 3/4 ton 4x4 ECLB? and would i need new rims and tires RIGHT away?

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sevenfold said:
$700-$900 is the going rate for big lift kit installs here.
In your idea what is TOO MUCH...cuz i dont know what works involved, im sure theres some welding here and there but i really dont know and i dont want a place to be like..." 12 inch lift kit installed? 2000$" ya know what i mean?

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sevenfold said:
Buy all of the parts on your own and then take it to a shop. That way you know they aren't screwing you.
yeah thats what i wanna do, i dont live in CA so im gonna try to order the kit from Full throttle then have some here install it, i just dont know whats TOO much to ask for an install price

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sevenfold said:
Good luck, Full Throttle customer service blows. You could get your lift right away, you could get it in 2 months... who knows with those guys...
well how about a cognito lift like snigbertese said..i like the full throttle on the price, 2500ish for 10" and 3100ish for 12" thats a good price to me, i havent look at cognito at all...only full throttle and CST.

·
2,451 Posts
also try bncoffroad.com for the 3rd coast.... really a fullthrottle with a different look(and maybe a little stronger)

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
the cognito appears to be the strongest of the 3. not to mention the owner seems to be a badass guy. compared to the owner of twisted, who looks like satan himself :whyme:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
haha drive to texas and ill instal it for 300. Serisouly though, if you order a FT make sure to talk to the owner, not one of the fuckheads that work there. You will get better service that way.

·
2,451 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
, if you order a FT make sure to talk to the owner, not one of the fuckheads that work there. You will get better service that way.
or order it through BNC offroad, thats what southernz71 almost did

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JLA said:
is it a new body style 8-lug?
sure is

Dark Eternal said:
haha drive to texas and ill instal it for 300. Serisouly though, if you order a FT make sure to talk to the owner, not one of the fuckheads that work there. You will get better service that way.
haha, yeah right, i had to drive it from arkansas in april cuz my grandparents live down there and it was their truck...that was one super super gay 12 hour drive..but driving to texas actually doesnt seem that bad cuz it would prolly cost me 150-200$ to get there, then your 300$, which is WAAAY cheaper then a shop..hmm choices choices haha

...does anyone know the price of a cognito lift? cuz if its a bolt on kit like the site says i can do that shit myself...i know some kits require welding and we have a shitty welder, i just dont consider it one and we dont know how to weld good :crazy: but if its a bolt on i can do it

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
If i had an IFS truck and wanted to put a lift on it, id def consider DE doin it again...even if i had to drive 1400 miles...it could be cheaper overall or right around the same price...but stephen will do it BETTER than almost any shop...he knows his stuffand will do a GOOD job at a very reasonable price.

·
Blown Daily
656 Posts
Call Cognito for pricing... 1-661-588-8085 or 1-866-426-4648 Tell him Jason with the red Yukon reffered you....

Jason

1 - 15 of 15 Posts