GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of Full Throttle Suspension and Twisted Suspension? I am going to be getting my 04 1500 silverado 4wd lifted around 12-15 inches and dont know which company to go with.

Also is their a website that explains the California Street Legal Laws for a lifted truck?

Thanks,

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Do not get twisted....do a search on them and you will find out why.
I say get a Cognito or FT....both are great lifts.
Lift laws....54" to the center of hedlights and you're frame can't be over 27" off the ground.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldnt find any information on the forums about twisted or FTS. Could you help me a little.

Do you like fox 2.0 or King 2.5 shocks better and do i need 6 or 8 (4 front, 2 rear, or 4x4)

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Well i have a friend who has twisted and is having problems constantly and then my issues with my rear end they did...it just left a sour taste so i can't recommend them to anyone.

FTS has some solid shit...i've seen the kits go through alot and hold up.

I like the look of kings better and you only really need 4 shocks but it looks cool with double up front. Just make sure you get the revalved for your application or you are wasting your money.

I say you buy 12 so you can take 6 and give me 6 for saving you money by telling you not to get twisted...oir just give them to me really cheap :anitoof:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The black and red 2wd that was at sema with twisted is for sale and so is griffens tahoe. How are those? Are they still junk???

How hard is it to get sponsors if your truck is going to sema?(engine, interior, stereo ect...)

How big can you go without getting pulled over all the time and how many fix it tickets can you have on your record?

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
2wd truck is sweet as fuck but has never been finished. Plus people here agree that it is a POS lift....tahoe is no longer for sale cuz he is redoing it.

It's not all that hard to get sponsors, just have a good looking truck and go to a good amount of shows.

I think a 9-12" you won't get hasseled much. I'm sitting at 15" right now and i get eyed by cops all the time but haven't been pulled over yet (thank god). Mostly you will get bugged about mudflaps and right now im safe because my tires are pretty far in. It's changing soon since i'm gonna get 16x12's with 3.625 backspacing :anitoof:

I don't think it matters how many fix-it tickets you get

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
dont forget your tires cant stick out like more than 2" from your fenders, because thats what i got nailed for once.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
yah mountain crushers so the mistake in my sig will be correct.

Yah i have a cognito too so i think its great but FT is another good option

·
Registered
73 Posts
zubyc, those wheels you are getting are going to be hell on wheel bearings. Get 16x12 with 4.625 back space, they are going to stick out 2" wider than the ones you have now.

·
Registered
703 Posts
They told me they cant stick out at all...and you do have to worry about fix it tickets...i think theres something about gettin more than one for the same thing within a certain amount of time...might want to check into that. If you get a FT 12" lift and roll 38's you shouldnt be over the leagal height limit but you definatly will get hasled for mudflaps depending on where you are located. hell when my truck only had a 6.5" FT lift i got hasled

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
The cops out in AZ are not that bad. I dont even know the laws out here but the cops dont seems to care. this guy i know has a suburban with a 36" lift and 49" tires and he doesnt get hasseled too much but he only drives it maybe twice a month.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone know of any custom trucks for sale in california that are under 60k???

How hard is it to get a paint and body shop sponsor, chrome and powdercoat?

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
theres lots of custom trucks under 60k. Look in truck trader, theres huge trucks and also truckin cover trucks you just gotta look for them.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
If 60k is your budget....build your own truck. It will be a whole hell of alot better doing that

Like i said before, have a good looking truck and start going to shows. Then start talking to shops about sponsorships. That's the only way to go about it unless you are friends with someone who owns a shop

·
2,451 Posts
If you got a buget of 60k, you shouldnt be talking about twisted and fullthrottle, it should be coil overs and dana 60's

1 - 20 of 40 Posts