GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I maxed out the cherry picker and couldn't go any higher. The drivers side shop still had about 6" of travel and the pass. side shock still had about 4" of travel. So at the tire the drivers side could go up another 8" or so and the pass. could of dropped about another 8".

·
[>
3,255 Posts
:head: Thats what im talkin about :head:
How long untill the steering box comes in?

BD

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully tomorrow or tuesday... I sent the return UPS next day air label with it and I've been running the tracking # but it still hasn't been shipped... So hopefully tomorrow it will get shipped out and arrive Tuesday. It's cool though, this little bit of downtime since I thought I was "done" I have found various little things that weren't quite done or not quite right and I get a chance to take care of them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oddball question, is the truck still street legal? Also, is it still streetable anyway? Looks badass. You're one crazy dude. :anitoof:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently. I read through the 1000 page vehicle code book, well the 50 pages dealing with mud flaps, marker lights, tail lights, fenders, frame height, etc. I meet everything except the mudflaps. And you can see the square tube mounted into the receiver hitch that the mudflaps are going to mount to as soon as I buy them tomorrow. My frame is waaaay below max height. Should be good to go.

I also modified some rear cut-out flares to fit the new bedsides:

·
Banned
580 Posts
man u are 1 crazy sumbitch, but that is a neat looking truck, very custom should be fun when you are done and glad to see its a chevy :head: Now when you are done, roll over to pismo and we can have some fun :evillol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Every time I see it I say "dream truck"... I wouldn't be able to handle the length though, even though it probably keeps it stable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts